Front End Software Engineer
- St Petersburg, Russia
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Saint Petersburg (Russia)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full stack cloud communication platform (CPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions. Join our development forces in deploying the code that powers the performance of the Infobip platform.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Being a part of Infobip Engineering Powerhouse means working on an in-house developed product and delivering solutions on a global level. As a Front End Software Engineer you will be dedicated to your microservices and deal with challenges of large architecture that is scalable, balanced, sends over 400 million messages daily and helps our clients to grow their business. It’s an opportunity to work in one of our requirement areas, so no matter if you are taking care that our infrastructure is set to place, if you work on the collection and analysis of data traffic, if you are responsible for connectivity and security towards operators or if you are developing custom communication channels, you are an equally important part of the story.
What your job will be like:
- As a software engineer, you will work in agile team, responsible for certain product. You‘ll be using cutting edge technologies and solutions React, Redux, Webpack, SCSS on front end for creating and maintaining highly used services and interfaces that are part of our messaging platform. On back end we use Kotlin/Java 8 with Spring Boot, so if you have experience with it we’ll have another topic to discuss :) There are also Redis, Elasticsearch, Postgress on board.
- As a team member you will work on Customer Portal interface and services behind it. Our team covers analytics part of the system, including traffic reporting, logs and data visualization. Also we are handling management part of the portal: accounts/users/permissions management, reseller functionality.
- We expect that you take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion, take responsibility for coding, bug testing, software deployment, tracking the product through its lifecycle and communication with the internal teams are also included.
More about you:
- You are a professional with 3+ years of experience in solving software problems looking for a high-growth challenge.
- You have experience with ReactJS (or other frameworks like AngularJS, Vue.js) and NodeJS
- If you have experience with Redux, Typescript. Webpack, ES2015 (ES6) and CSS pre-processors, that is an advantage.
- If you have experience with Java, Spring, Kotlin (or other JVM language), Elasticsearch, that is another advantage.
- You know and care about engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing.
- You are genuinely curious about how things work, always looking to improve code quality, development process etc.
- You build positive, lasting relationships with colleagues in the team.
- There’s always space to grow - if you’d like to lead the team, we are ready to offer you support and help in this direction and discuss team leader position.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
Cutting edge technology & processes – We make sure that our tech stack is updated to latest versions, if we are talking Java, we’re talking up to Java 14. To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords - all our teams combined deploy something new every 4 minutes for our global in-house product.
Educational budget – Decide with your team how to spend it, is it on conferences, online courses or certifications.
Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation and Engineering Week and your personalized onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev Days conference, Hackathons and conferences, we really invest heavily in employee learning and development.
Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, travel allowance, rewards and holiday bonuses, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organized activities, company library, organized sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects...