Java Software Engineer
- St Petersburg, Russia
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Saint Petersburg (Russia)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
We have 13 global engineering sites with 500+ members in Engineering and Product Development teams. The next step in our future scaling is to expand our brand-new engineering site in Split which is responsible for developing one of our newest products, Contact Center as a Service.
As a Software Engineer, you will directly impact the quality of the software we produce, dealing with challenges of large architecture (scalability, fail over, balancing...) that sends over 400 mil messages daily.
What your job will be like:
- As a software engineer, you will work in agile team, responsible for certain product. You‘ll be using cutting edge solutions (Spring Boot, Docker, Kafka, Redis, Continuous Delivery, ElasticSearch, Prometheus) for creating and maintaining highload distributed services that are part of our messaging platform.
You will work on solutions for inter-process communication (distributed systems, service oriented architecture), service discovery, invocation balancing, platform monitoring and alerting.
Be ready to dig in Java instrumentation concepts (generating byte code in runtime), network level optimizations and memory mapped concepts.
You will work on demanding tasks which require responsibility and freedom to choose the best technologies for that challenge.
You know you are doing a good job when:
- You write well designed, testable, and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement.
- All code you produce is thoroughly tested for bugs and reviewed before going into production.
- You have a great general overview of the system that your team is dependent of, understanding the interactions and dependencies among those components.
- You regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorming with high-quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements.
- You proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve into a better team.
More about you:
- You are a mid or senior professional looking for a high-growth challenge.
- You have worked before on a high load, large scale platform that has to be highly available.
- You have experience working with Java, Spring and Spring boot development and delivering multi-tier enterprise applications.
- If you want to work as a Fullstack developer (or become one later) - great as well! Our teams have the liberty to choose their stack and they have chosen React, Typescript and Webpack.
- You have experience with engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing.
- You are genuinely curious about how things work, always looking to improve code quality, development process etc.
- You wish to be a part of the team or lead it. Both is OK with us.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords. Be a part of a team that deploys something to production every 6 minutes.
- Global products developed in-house – We depend on the quality of our in-house developed products, which is why we put so much emphasis on code quality. The fact that our products are being used by half of the world’s population means that we have to make our software platform scalable.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation Week as an onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev conference, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Educational budget – You get to decide will you spend your budget on conferences, online courses or certifications.
- Compensation & Benefits – Competitive salary, health benefits, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organised activities, a kitchen stocked with the usual suspects, flexible working hours, opportunity to work from home up to 5 days per month, internal conference for developers which brings together 7 development center in thermal resort... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!