Front End Software Engineer
- St Petersburg, Russia
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Saint Petersburg (Russia)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Although Enterprise Division is the largest development division within the company, we are expanding it even further. Our goal is to establish a whole new team in St. Petersburg office. The team will be responsible for developing several modules on our customer portal. Modules are independent parts of the portal that handles everything from background services to frontend code. Some examples of our modules are omni workflows, dashboards, settings, people, etc. Customer portal is a high-load web portal which provides tools for our customers to reach their clients over any mobile channel (SMS, push, voice, OTT, etc.). Our plan is to establish independent full stack team and front-end forces will be important part of it.
What your job will be like:
- As a software engineer, you will work in agile team, responsible for certain product. You‘ll be using cutting edge technologies and solutions React, Redux, Webpack, SCSS on front end for creating and maintaining highly used services and interfaces that are part of our messaging platform. On back end we use Kotlin/Java 8 with Spring Boot, so if you have experience with it we’ll have another topic to discuss :) There are also Redis, Elasticsearch, Postgress on board.
- As a team member you will work on Customer Portal interface and services behind it. Our team covers analytics part of the system, including traffic reporting, logs and data visualization. Also we are handling management part of the portal: accounts/users/permissions management, reseller functionality.
- We expect that you take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion, take responsibility for coding, bug testing, software deployment, tracking the product through its lifecycle and communication with the internal teams are also included.
More about you:
- You are a professional with 3+ years of experience in solving software problems looking for a high-growth challenge.
- You have experience with ReactJS (or other frameworks like AngularJS, Vue.js) and NodeJS
- If you have experience with Redux, Typescript. Webpack, ES2015 (ES6) and CSS pre-processors, that is an advantage.
- If you have experience with Java, Spring, Kotlin (or other JVM language), Elasticsearch, that is another advantage.
- You know and care about engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing.
- You are genuinely curious about how things work, always looking to improve code quality, development process etc.
- You build positive, lasting relationships with colleagues in the team.
- There’s always space to grow - if you’d like to lead the team, we are ready to offer you support and help in this direction and discuss team leader position.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords. Be a part of a team that deploys something to production every 6 minutes.
- Global products developed in-house – We depend on the quality of our in-house developed products, which is why we put so much emphasis on code quality. The fact that our products are being used by half of the world’s population means that we have to make our software platform scalable.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation Week as an onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev conference, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Educational budget – You get to decide will you spend your budget on conferences, online courses or certifications.
- Compensation & Benefits – Competitive salary, health benefits, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organised activities, a kitchen stocked with the usual suspects, flexible working hours, opportunity to work from home up to 5 days per month, internal conference for developers which brings together 7 development center in thermal resort... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!