Chief Regional Counsel
- Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Department: Legal
- Office: Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence, and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future.
Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions.
Main Goals & Responsibilities
- Holds responsibility for all legal operations in the APAC region and within this all the key areas of work under Legal Department.
- Needs to perform in the role of a team leader.
- Maintains close and coordinated relations with other teams within Legal Department as well as Departments that have a key role in product/region/service to which Chief Regional Counsel is dedicated.
- Influences other Departments and brings influence from other.
- Creates and maintains procedures connected to its area of work.
- Tracks progress of legal counsels in the region and suggests to Managing Director and GC ideas on progress/correction of counsels or other positions.
- Works closely with GC, but performing independently on key projects for department, region and company.
- Is actively involved in more than one key area of work covered by legal on global level.
- Makes decisions in ambiguous situations and sets the pace of team movement.
- Provides pragmatic day-to-day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing goals and initiatives.
- Demonstrates expertise and sound judgment, understands how assigned responsibilities support business objectives, and is able to provide practical, risk-balanced advice based upon a thorough understanding of the scope of an issue, taking full advantage of internal networks and external intelligence.
- Ability to promote company objectives while also applying the law with the highest ethical standards.
- 6 to 9 years of experience as in-house legal, at least 5 should involve working in closely related areas in the role of a team leader managing regional team.
- Relevant experience acquired within the industry or other relevant-related field.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, high responsibility towards task solving. Assuring, confident approach to teammates and coworkers, can coordinate easily, shows leadership skills, empathy, has the ability to solve crisis situation, has the ability to transfer knowledge, and educate others within the Department. Identifies opportunities in changing circumstances and energizes others to continuously improve, using intentional strategies to boost morale, team spirit, and productivity.
- Provides guidance and feedback on both routine and new tasks. Creates an atmosphere of support and mutual trust.
- Professionally mature, takes the time to clarifying others' points of view so that progress can be made particularly in situations of stress or conflict.
- Proven ability to deal sensitively in multicultural and multi-ethnic environments and build effective working relationships team members and clients.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to advocate for a position while maintaining collaborative and open-minded approach.
- Shows interest for learning new things, for bigger picture and understanding of business that is working in, and strong desire to get things done.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Awesome clients – We serve and partner with the majority of the leading mobile operators, OTTs, brands, banks, social networks, aggregators and many more. You can look forward to working with the likes of Zendesk, Uber, and WhatsApp. Seriously, our clients are really cool. Work with the world’s leading companies and impact how they communicate with their users!
- Big and complex infrastructure – When we talk about a large system, we really mean it. Our platform generates traffic that measures in millions of messages every minute.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Academy as an onboarding program, to internal education, education resources, e-learning to external educations, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Connect globally – Work with people from different countries and participate in the biggest IT and Telecom events. We put the “global” in globalization.
- Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, health benefits, travel allowance, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team building and other organized activities, wellness budget... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!