DevOps Engineer/Elasticsearch Admin
- Zagreb, Croatia
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Zagreb (Croatia)
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Every great company’s success starts with having a great product. To write our success story, it is essential that our global, cloud-based products are supported with a stable infrastructure. On this position you will directly manage our Elasticsearch clusters, some parts of their Linux OS and applications in multiple environments, dealing with challenges native to a complex scalable architecture using industry standard tools to effectively provision, orchestrate and maintain a platform that handles millions of requests every day.
Not everywhere do you have a chance to deploy and manage multiple ES clusters with more than 50 nodes in single cluster and working with 50+TB of data, serving billions of customers. Talk about massive scope, right?
You know you are doing a good job when:
You follow DevOps methodologies and keep up to date with the latest tools and practices like infrastructure-as-code and platform-as-a-service.
You have an urge to automate everything you have to do more than once, whether it’s setting up balancing, deploying multiple instances of same service, or deploying whole datacenters.
You have a broad overview of the infrastructure your team is working on and understand the complex dependencies and components of the whole system.
You have a passion for investigating and troubleshooting and are naturally curious about how stuff works.
You regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorming with thought out ideas that result in adoption and improvements of our platform, workflow or toolkit.
You aren’t afraid to ask questions – you proactively share knowledge and help yourself and your team evolve.
More about you:
You have a strong knowledge of Elasticsearch
You have basic experience using Docker and Ansible
You have some experience with Linux system administration (CentOS/RedHat, Ubuntu)
You are proficient in at least one scripting language (Python, Bash)
You have basic understanding of Agile methodology
You understand basic network concepts, OSI model and can do some basic troubleshooting
You know how to make services highly available and scalable – uptime and fault tolerance are your priority
You build positive, lasting relationships with your colleagues in the team and love to share knowledge
You’re not afraid to take initiative for your ideas and propose new features
Coding skills in Java
You have experience with versioning and CI/CD tools (Git, Jenkins, Artifactory)
You have experience with monitoring, logging, and observability tools (Prometheus, Graylog)
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Big and complex infrastructure – When we talk about a large system, we really mean it. We have multiple ES clusters in different parts of the world, some handling up to 50k updates per second and storing more than 50 TB of data
- Never a dull moment – We work with powerful companies with strong impact, which pushes us to work on the highest possible level. Work on uncharted challenges and push boundaries on a daily basis
- Opportunity Knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Lots of opportunities for development; whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve
- Grow your knowledge – Learn as you go, starting from the internal education and onboarding from your colleagues, to our Engineering conference, e-learning, Udemy, attending conferences... Knowledge is for sharing, and learning is a path to growth.
- Compensation & Benefits – Competitive salary, travel allowance, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, rewards and holiday bonuses, team buildings and other organised activities, company library, organized sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!