Big Data Software Engineer (Java)
- St Petersburg, Russia
- Department: Engineering
At Infobip we dream big. Last year, over half of the world’s population interacted with businesses through the Infobip platform. It didn’t happen by chance: through 40+ offices on 6 continents, we are truly committed to helping our 200 000 enterprise clients reach and engage mobile users. Join us in driving the continuous success of Infobip by creating products that our customers love.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Every great company’s success starts with having a great product. To write our success story, it is essential to continue innovating and developing our global, in-house developed product. As a Software Engineer, you will directly impact the quality of the software we produce, dealing with challenges of complex architecture (scalability, failover, balancing...) of a 4-nine uptime system that drives huge traffic. There is a lot of effort invested in running a company like ours. Stable environment and seamlessly running equipment is a foundation for everything we do.
What your job will be like:
- You will be a part of the team which is responsible for building processing & analytics platform, based on Big data stack (including Batch, Streaming and Machine Learning).
- As a software engineer, you will work in an agile team. You‘ll be using cutting edge solutions such as Java, Kafka, Spark, Python, Scala.
- You will have a lot of freedom in choosing technologies and ways to use them.
- You will sometimes (1-3 times per year) travel to our Croatian office to synchronize with the distributed part of the team.
You know you are doing a good job when:
- You are a professional with 3+ years of experience in solving software problems.
- You have strong knowledge of Java.
- You have production experience in Big Data.
- You have experience with engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing.
- You are genuinely curious about how things work, always looking to improve code quality, development process, etc.
- You regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorming with high-quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements.
- You proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve into a better team.
- You are ready to communicate with colleagues in English on a daily basis. In case you'd like to improve your level, our English classes in the office are at your service.
More about you:
- You have hands-on Linux experience.
- You have a Machine Learning experience.
- You have some knowledge of Python.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
Great environment – Team spirit, creativity and persistence are the drivers of our company.
Interesting and challenging work – The kinds of problems you'll be working on are diverse and engaging. There’s always something new and exciting in our development department.
Benefits & compensation – Individual educational budget which covers expenses for conferences, online courses, professional certifications; voluntary medical insurance of premium quality; English classes in the office; flexible working hours, opportunity to work from home up to 5 days per month, internal conference for developers which brings together 7 development centers in thermal resort.
Awesome clients – We serve and partner with the majority of the leading mobile operators, OTTs, brands, banks, social networks and many more.
Interested? Let's get the process rolling!