Java Software Engineer / Team Leader
- Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Saint Petersburg (Russia)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions.Join our development forces in deploying the code that powers the performance of the Infobip platform.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
- Every great company’s success starts with having a great product. To write our success story, it is essential to continue innovating and developing our global, in-house developed product. As a Software Engineer, you will directly impact the quality of the software we produce, dealing with challenges of complex architecture (scalability, failover, balancing...) of a 4-nine uptime system that drives huge traffic.
What your job will be like:
- As a software engineer, you will be a part of agile team, which is responsible for Internal Monitoring services with Web UI, Process Tracking service for monitoring conversion rate and perform URL shortening. Services for providing Message Delivery Reports and Mobile Originated messages to customers, Loop Detector service for detection of messages loops.
- You‘ll be using cutting edge solutions (Java 8-11, Spring 5, Kotlin, PostgreSQL, Apache Spark, Apache Ignite, Redis/Sentinel, Kubernetis, AngularJS, Maven, Git) for creating and maintaining high load distributed services that are part of our messaging platform.
- As a Senior profile specialist, we expect that you take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion. Responsibility for coding, bug testing, software deployment, tracking the product through its lifecycle and communication with the internal teams are also included.
- You will work on demanding tasks which require responsibility and freedom to choose the best technologies for that challenge.
You know you are doing a good job when:
- You write well designed, testable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement.
- All code you produce is thoroughly tested for bugs and reviewed before going into production.
- You have a great general overview of the system that your team is dependent on, understanding the interactions and dependencies among those components.
- You regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorming with high-quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements.
- You proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve into a better team.
More about you:
- You have 5+ years of experience with Java, Spring, and related technologies.
- You know how to build high load distributed service-oriented applications.
- You share our passion for building high-quality software in an agile environment.
- You know and care about engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing.
- You are genuinely curious about how things work, always looking to improve code quality, development process, etc.
- You build positive, lasting relationships with colleagues in the team.
- If you have never had the leading experience, but you wish to grow in this way, let's discuss that.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords. Be a part of a team that deploys something to production every 6 minutes.
- Global products developed in-house – We depend on the quality of our in-house developed products, which is why we put so much emphasis on code quality. The fact that our products are being used by half of the world’s population means that we have to make our software platform scalable.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Dev Campus as an onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev conference, Hackathons to attending conferences, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Compensation & Benefits - Individual educational budget which covers expences for conferences, online cources, professional certifications; voluntary medical insurance of premium quality; English classes in the office; flexible working hours; opportunity to work from home up to 5 days per month; internal conference for developers which brings together 7 development center in thermal resort.