- Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Department: Engineering
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally.
Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions.
Infobip story in B&H starts back in 2010 when we opened our office in Sarajevo. Through the years, we've grown along with our projects. Nowdays we count more than 50 people in engineering alone. Another big milestone happened in 2019 when we opened our second office in BiH in Tuzla. Both Sarajevo and Tuzla offices serve as independent R&D sites that work on developing and improving Infobip internal products for some of the world's largest companies. People working in Sarajevo division have a chance to work on some of the most important projects based around Voice product and internal tools that help manage one of the largest platforms of it's kind.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Development and deployment of a large distributed system requires special attention to maintenance of the production infrastructure and in our case, a specialized deployment tool. To illustrate how large of a system we're dealing with, here's some numbers: Infobip cloud has over 630 physical servers, 1200+ virtual machines, 1000 diffferent services with 2 to 40 instances each because of the high availability and around 500 deployments a day. Impressed yet? So imagine how would manual deployment look like on such platform. The key to success when it comes to large systems is automation. That's why Infobip has its own Deployment Manager which allows us to deploy the code from a local machine into production anywhere in the world within 3 minutes.
Our team Automation in Sarajevo is the one that keeps it all running and helps everyone deal with their services and machines in a very simple way and are currently looking for a new team member. As a Software Engineer working in this team you will directly impact the quality of our service, dealing with challenges of large distributed system and production infrastructure of a platform that sends over 400 million messages a day.
You know you are doing a good job when:
- You write well designed, testable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement.
- All code you produce is thoroughly tested for bugs and reviewed before going into production.
- You have a great general overview of the system that your team is dependent of, understanding the interactions and dependencies among those components.
- You regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorming with high quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements.
- You proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve into a better team.
More about you:
- You have 3+ years of experience with software development and delivering multi-tier enterprise applications.
- You have worked before on a high load, large scale platform that has to be highly available. Or you are just starting and this is your career goal. :)
- You would like the opportunity to work with many different technologies.
- Being involved with every part of a large platform sounds more fun than being focused on only one part of it.
- You might have some experience when it comes to technologies such as Java, Bash, Powershell, Python, Docker
- You'd like a chance to work on building highload distributed service-oriented applications.
- You share our passion for building high quality software in agile environment.
- You know and care about engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing.
- You are genuinely curious about how things work, always looking to improve code quality, development process etc.
- You build positive, lasting relationships with colleagues in the team.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords - all our teams combined deploy something new every 50 seconds.
- Educational budget – You get to decide will you spend your budget on conferences, online courses or certifications.
- Global products developed in-house – We depend on the quality of our in-house developed products, which is why we put so much emphasis on code quality. The fact that our products are being used by half of the world’s population means that we have to make our software platform scalable.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation Week as an onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev conference, Hackathons to attending conferences, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, health benefits, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organised activities, a kitchen stocked with the usual suspects, flexible working hours, opportunity to work from home up to 5 days per month, internal conference for developers which brings together 9 development center in thermal resort... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!