Java Software Engineer
- Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Our use case is specific. We are solving complex problems for global brands. If our services are down, our clients send messages through other providers. And when our competitors have troubles in production, we have to be the most reliable provider to get the majority of their traffic. We avoid big release dates and deploy to production when you finish a task in your sprint. It is an in-house developed product so there is no contract forcing you to guerilla develop something and troubleshoot later.
As a Software Engineer, you will directly impact the quality of the software we produce, dealing with challenges of large architecture (scalability, fail over, balancing...) that sends over 400 mil messages daily.
You know you are doing a good job when:
- You write well designed, testable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement.
- All code you produce is thoroughly tested for bugs and reviewed before going into production.
- You have a great general overview of the system that your team is dependent of, understanding the interactions and dependencies among those components.
- You regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorming with high quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements.
- You proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve into a better team.
More about you:
- You have 3+ years of experience with Java, Spring and Spring boot development or related techologies and delivering multi-tier enterprise applications.
- You don't want to touch HTML, CSS or the latest JS library - great!
- If you want to work as a Fullstack developer (or become one later) - great as well! Our teams have the liberty to choose their stack and they have chosen Angular and Webpack.
- You have worked before on a high load, large scale platform that has to be highly available. Or you are just starting and this is your career goal. :)
- You know how to build highload distributed service-oriented applications.
- You share our passion for building high quality software in agile environment.
- You know and care about engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing.
- You are genuinely curious about how things work, always looking to improve code quality, development process etc.
- You build positive, lasting relationships with colleagues in the team.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords. Be a part of a team that deploys something to production every 6 minutes.
- Global products developed in-house – We depend on the quality of our in-house developed products, which is why we put so much emphasis on code quality. The fact that our products are being used by half of the world’s population means that we have to make our software platform scalable.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Dev Campus as an onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev conference, Hackathons to attending conferences, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Educational budget – You get to decide will you spend your budget on conferences, online courses or certifications.
- Compensation & Benefits – Competitive salary, health benefits, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organised activities, a kitchen stocked with the usual suspects, flexible working hours, opportunity to work from home up to 5 days per month, internal conference for developers which brings together 7 development center in thermal resort... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!