Human Resources Manager
- Lafayette Center Dr, Virginia 20151, USA
Are you an HR professional looking for a challenging new opportunity? Do you want to utilize your skills to help design streamlined HR processes, boost employee retention, and create a baseline for growth in a small business environment? Infinity Road HR clients are some of the most exciting companies in the Washington Metro area. We are actively looking to hire an ON-SITE HR Manager in Chantilly, VA. This position reports to the CEO.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an effective, no nonsense, to-the-point communicator who is proactive and solution-driven, process-oriented, has a strong work ethic, and is willing to go the extra mile and put in the extra time when necessary to get the job done. If you are interested in doing rewarding work and expanding the HR structure for a growing organization, this could be your perfect opportunity!
The Human Resources Manager will carry out tactical and / or managerial responsibilities in all HR functional areas. Specific responsibilities are:
- Evaluate the organization’s human resources function in order to plan, implement and improve upon all related policies, programs and practices.
- Perform routine HR tasks and act as a strategic internal partner in collaboration with leadership to develop strategies that support the company's mission.
- Execute programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave planning; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; employee productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborate with leadership team and managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Develop and maintain the company's HRMS and provide relevant and useful status reporting to management.
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include skills-based training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Proactively advise the leadership team on matters of corporate HR compliance, always staying ahead of the curve as opposed to taking a reactive approach.
- Other duties may be required in order to support the HR needs of the organization.
Candidate Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required, or equivalent years of experience in an HR role.
- A minimum of five years of progressive experience in a Human Resources role, or a minimum of 10 years for non-degreed HR professionals.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or PHR Certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with HRMS/HRIS; ADP experience a plus.
Required Skills, Abilities and Behaviors
- Articulate professional and direct communicator with a "no nonsense" approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of emotional intelligence; able to "read the room" and adapt communication style and approach as necessary.
- Able to work effectively and collaboratively with all types of personalities and individuals at all levels within an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Problem solver who is ready with a solution for each problem and willing and able to articulately give concrete feedback to back up proposed solutions.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Able to balance the needs of employees while prioritizing the well-being of the company.
- Skilled at implementation and change management.
- Able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. without need for sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements for this position will be required to complete a pre-screening questionnaire prior to being considered for this opportunity.