Business Development and Sales Assistant
- Old Gloucester St, Bloomsbury, London WC1N 3AX, UK
What is the Vision?
Infinitum Academy is not-for-profit social enterprise that works to support every youth to live a meaningful and purpose driven life.
Mission Statement (Why we exist?)
To bridge the gap between education and employment through the use of highly personalised and effective online technology interventions.
How will we achieve this mission?
- We partner with employers, vocational schools, universities and industry associations to develop personalised targeted and scalable learning solutions.
- Create and deliver skills based learning solutions that contribute directly to the skills that employers seek.
- Our focus is solely on scaling and globalising our English Language Product in 2018/19. Infinitum has a strong roadmap and pipeline of other services that it will introduce over the next 3 to 5 years
The Co-founders at Infinitum combine visionary leaders from the world’s top institutions including: The University of Oxford and Saïd Business school, Imperial College London and UCL. With a wealth of experience behind them and leadership expertise from both public and private sector organisations they are experts at the art of strategy development and obsessed with focused execution.
Title: Business Development and Sales Assistant (Internship)
Reporting to: Director & Co-founder
Job Location: Global and International
Start date: July 2018
Hours: 10 to 12 hours per week
Commitment Length: 3 to 6 months
Closing date for applications: 1st of July 2018
Infinitum Academy believes that the formation of strategic, win-win partnerships are critical to its aim of removing educational inequality from the face of the earth. Our Partnerships Intern will closely work with the rest of the team to develop those relationships, and establish new partnerships to support our growth.
Networking, hosting events
Pitching business proposals
Collaborate with team members to refine and scale our sales process
Coordinating lead conversion processes
Drawing independent conclusions and identifying trends in behaviours of leads
Nurturing relationships with existing leads
Identifying potential leads and setting criteria for a targeted search
Finding ways of attracting new leads
Ideal Person Characteristics
At Infinitum we hire for attitude and train for skill. We believe that one of the biggest challenges today is to fill our ranks with executives and front-line employees whose personal values are in sync with the values that make our organisation tick. As a result, we believe that character counts for more than credentials.
- Passionate about Education, languages and using technology to make a global change.
- Extremely dedicated and interested in personal development and that of others.
- Able to embrace a changing and lean operating model supported by world-class software.
- Able to find effective ways to enhance a "working remotely" culture.
- Looking to self-reflect, improve and work towards high professional and ethical standards
Please, write a short paragraph (300 words max) explaining why you are applying for this position and what you are hoping to achieve from the role.
We provide the product, sales and CRM training during an intensive yet motivating on-boarding period.
The Ideal Candidate
• Tenacious, driven and entrepreneurial approach with a can-do attitude.
• Excellent organisational and planning skills, meticulous attention to detail with an ability to work independently and as part of a team with a high degree of flexibility
• Exceptional influencing skills with the ability to be credible and persuasive at all levels internally and externally
• Outstanding interpersonal skills – ability to discover a business or donor’s interests, build rapport and trust.