Administrative Assistant/Engineering Project Assistant
- IA-27, Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
Job Title : Sr. Engineering Project Assistant
Contract: 12 months (contract to hire)
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
The contractor will be responsible for assisting engineers with hardware development support. This person will be the engineering build and material coordinator as well as the engineering liaison. Primary tasks for this position includes ordering and kitting of parts, tracking accountable devices, managing short lead time requests, creating and managing parts tracking spreadsheets, working with purchasing to obtain quotes and lead times, coordinating shipments, working with Customer Owned Property and other general support as requested within the hardware engineering teams. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, proactive, able to work with engineering to meet multiple deadlines, thrives on working in a fast paced environment, and is a proven multi-tasker with a strong attention to detail.
• Orders and coordinates the delivery of piece parts and LRUs. Reports status of orders as required.
• Releasing drawings/documents, tracking and ordering COPS, GFE
• Shipping as required, and other general support as requested
• Facilitating PREP reviews
• Edits format of hardware documentation. Verifies change requests are in the proper state and implement into documentation. Performs data conversion using various application media for software development or project file maintenance.
• Provides tools expertise and support to Engineering: MS Office Apps, requirements capture databases, change management and tracking tools. Generate reports as required.
• Interfaces with technicians, engineers and engineering managers to create/edit documentation.
• Collects metrics and prepares presentation materials for analysis.
• Analyzes metrics, identifying opportunities for continuous process improvements. Works with Engineering to train on processes and tools.
• Assists in tracking action items, risk management tools, and tasks in the change management tools.
• Supports the Bid & Proposal process, assisting in bid narratives and bid reviews.
• Networks with both internal and external personnel at multiple levels. Communications require skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objective of communication.
• Generally works on highly complex assignments which are given in terms of objectives to be accomplished and priorities to be followed. Requires independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures.
Potential Additional Job Responsibilities:
• Assists the Project Engineer (PE)/Technical Project Manager (TPM) in tracking and/or maintenance of program/project schedules, milestone performance, and financial metrics.
• Prepares presentations. Coordinates the interaction of project/program team and support functions to communicate schedule and status.
• Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
• Represents organization as a prime contact on projects, coordinating activities of support personnel and communicating effectively.
Required Tool Experience:
Tool Experience Desired but Not Required:
-ALM, SAP, DOORS, Jama, Subversion, and Gmail/Google Docs
Only US Citizens