- M-43, Lansing, MI, USA
Job Title: Database Architect
Location: Lansing, MI
Duration: 1+ years contract
· 8-11 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
· Designs, develops, and manipulates database management systems, multidimensional databases. Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database.
· This position is the expert responsible for Data Services architecture, governance and implementation. The Data Architect implements enterprise data services governance within the state metadata management repository, and ensures all data services designs are integrated in to the state data framework.
· Create and maintain the metadata repository. Including developing and maintaining a formal description of the data, data structures, and data flow diagrams.
· Develop and maintain the statewide data model for to ensure integrated use across all applications.
· Coordinate and integrate system data models and design to promote data sharing, eliminate redundancy, and provide for the efficient and effective use of the data resources.
· Provide data modeling and design guidance including identification of data entities, data dependencies and data relationships.
· Define and enforce data standards, procedures, and guidelines to ensure data integrity, dependability, quality, and usability through the use of appropriate security, verification, and data management practices.
· Perform development of a data management strategy, to ensure data security and appropriate data retention.
· Research and promote opportunities to provide data reuse, balancing the issues of centralization and replication.
· Ensure data integration with internal organizations and with external business and IT communities.
· Promote standardizing data in collaboration with application developers, business analysts, and Data Base Administrators.
· Develop a Master Data Management strategy supporting, and consistent with, Enterprise Information Management.
- Knowledge and proven skills in data modeling
- Knowledge and proven skills in MS SQL Server and/or Oracle SQL
- Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database.
- Demonstrated experience with data management strategy, to ensure data security and appropriate data retention
- Research and promote opportunities to provide data reuse, balancing the issues of centralization and replication.
Only locals to Lansing, MI candidates will be considered. strict NO for non locals.