Senior Database Administrator
- 8180 Greensboro Dr, McLean, VA 22102, USA
Everyone wins if government works better. We provide innovative solutions and services to complex problems and processes. We apply our creative skill set and expertise to empower government. Our proficient staff is at the front line of digital media, financial services, business management, and solution development.
We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join our team! As a Database Administrator at our company, you will be responsible for designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing and maintaining our company's databases.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate competence in both system and application areas.
- Implement security measures to safeguard computer databases
- Monitor performance space on servers and databases
- Respond to database problems and escalations
- Provide trend analysis and reporting
- Provide guidance and support to Application Developers
- Assist with schema design, code review, SQL/Oracle query tuning
- Install, tune, implement and upgrade DBMS installations
- Write and deploy SQL/Oracle patches
- Upgrade and improve application schema and data upgrades
- Process work accurately and in a timely manner
- Pay attention to detail at all times
- Proactively and regularly make recommendations for system improvements
- Collate, prepare and present statistical information for internal and external use
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Five (5) years of experience can substitute for the degree
- At least ten (10) years of related experience
- Previous experience in database administration or other related fields
- Experience with relational databases, such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong communications skills
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder
- Ability to pass a government background check
Infina, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All individuals are encouraged to apply.