Senior Database Developer
- McLean, VA, USA
Everyone wins if government works better. We provide innovative solutions and services to complex problems and processes. We apply our creative skill set and expertise to empower government. Our proficient staff is at the front line of digital media, financial services, business management, and solution development.
We are looking for an experienced Database Developer to join our team! The Senior Database Developer be responsible for design strategies for database systems as well as set standards for operations, programming and security.
- Successful candidate will have background in back end development with front end development a plus.
- Design, develop and implement large relational databases according to customer requirements
- Optimize database for performance efficiency
- Integrate new systems with existing in-house structure
- Perform security assessment for potential risks
- Prepare design specifications and functional documentation for assigned database projects.
- Provide architecture guidance and support to technical leads
- Research new technologies and develop proofs of concept
- Test and troubleshoot issues and bug fixes
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Five (5) years of experience can be substituted for the degree
- At least ten (10) years of experience
- Previous experience in database architecture, development, or other related fields
- Experience with relational databases, such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong communications skills
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder
- Ability to pass a government background check
Infina, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All individuals are encouraged to apply.