Assistant Category Manager, Online - Baby
- 468 King St W, Toronto, Canada
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As the Assistant Category Manager, you will help bring the Online Baby strategy to life.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Category Manager (CM) with the final selection and execution of strategic assortment
- Overseeing the Open to Buy (OTB)
- Provide weekly sales, margin and inventory analysis
- Work in partnership with cross-functional teams to ensure sales and inventory plans are aligned with strategic initiatives, inventory is in the right place and on time, and to ensure assortment strategy is represented in marketing materials
- Seek out and maintain positive vendor relationships with a focus on finding new merchandise opportunities
- Negotiate favourable terms with vendors to maximize sales and profits
- Communicate effectively with the Vendors to ensure on time delivery and efficient processing of inventory
- Support with the category markdown strategy and execution of the markdown process
- Prepare and execute Quarterly Line Reviews
- Prepare Quarterly Hindsight materials
WHO YOU ARE:
You love product, understand consumer trends and behaviour, and find inspiration in connecting with our customers and adding a bit of joy to their lives. You are curious, a go-getter, and take ownership and responsibility for your work. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment, and relish in working collaboratively with cross functional groups. And of course, you have 2+ years' of experience in buying/merchandising.
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.