Director, Foundation Relations
- 1602 L St NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Independent Sector (IS), founded in 1980, is the only national membership organization that brings together a diverse set of nonprofits, foundations, and corporations to advance the common good. Through our public policy advocacy, programs, and events, we are always listening to the concerns of the sector, curating best practices, and providing expertise to better position our members and partners for success.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial person to fill our Director of Foundation Relations opening. In this role, the Director is responsible for contributing to the success of Independent Sector’s overall resource development program, including the development of overall strategy, prospect identification and planning, proposal development and writing, proposal follow-up and donor solicitation, and overall grants administration and donor relations. The Director will be primarily responsible for:
- Collaborate with Partnerships team and program staff, as well as senior leadership, to maintain accurate and up-to-date knowledge of current organizational goals, activities, and funding requirements.
- Create project plans/timelines that coordinate receipt of program narratives, metrics and financial data from designated staff in support of timely proposal submissions and grant reports.
- Maintain donor pipeline, including accurate data on the amount of grants that have been or will be submitted to each funder.
Our ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience in nonprofit development experience, including institutional giving and grant writing. Additionally, you should have:
- A deep understanding of the business, foundation, and nonprofit community.
- The ability to come up with creative ideas to fundraise collaboratively and build strategic relationships.
- Communications skills that will draw the attention of a wide variety of audiences.
- The ability to keep multiple projects going at the same time while making sure that everything is polished and done on time.
Our office is conveniently located near Dupont Circle in Washington D.C. Employees enjoy a casual office atmosphere with a dress-for-your-day policy. We provide our employees with a comprehensive benefits package including employer-paid medical for individual employees, dental, vision, employer-paid life and long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous match, and ample paid time off. Additionally, employees can participate in flexible spending accounts, voluntary life and short-term disability, and transit/parking benefits.
Come be a part of our team and help us to advance the nonprofit sector! To apply for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume via the job board. Independent Sector is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The salary range for this position is $110,000 to $125,000 annually.