Director, Strategic Partnerships
- 1602 L St NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Independent Sector (IS), founded in 1980, is the only national membership organization that brings together a diverse set of nonprofits, foundations, and corporations to advance the common good. Through our public policy advocacy, programs, and events, we are always listening to the concerns of the sector, curating best practices, and providing expertise to better position our members and partners for success.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial person to fill our newly created Director of Strategic Partnerships opening. This role focuses on building collaborative, revenue-producing partnerships by managing complex and multi-faceted relationships with major funders and partners (foundations, corporations, IS member organizations). The Director will be primarily responsible for:
· Developing and executing a strategic plan to market Independent Sector to potential and existing partners that includes revenue growth, peer retention, and management strategies.
· Collaborate with the Partnerships Team and other departments to understand stakeholder needs and goals, generate leads, identify funding opportunities, and deliver benefits and resources.
· Managing and building a portfolio of national and local partnerships to generate revenue, goodwill, and advancement of the sector.
· Managing the prospecting lifecycle for new partnerships and expansions, including prospecting, solicitation, pipeline and moves management, cultivation, partner stewardship and long-term relationship management.
· Researching potential partners and identify relevant stakeholders with an interest in Independent Sector strategic programmatic areas.
· Developing and implementing individual plans and strategies for developing key partnerships and initiatives around programmatic priorities, mobilizing necessary internal and external resources to ensure all partnerships are effectively executed and partners’ needs are fully met.
· Overseeing fulfillment of partnerships to include impact reports for partners.
· Developing marketing collateral and assets for partnership offerings.
Our ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and 7 years experience in business development, sales or account management. Additionally, you should have:
· A deep understanding of the business, foundation, and nonprofit community.
· The ability to come up with creative ideas to fundraise collaboratively and build strategic relationships.
· Communications skills that will draw the attention of a wide variety of audiences.
· The ability to keep multiple projects going at the same time while making sure that everything is polished and done on time.
· Solid experience with Microsoft office and customer relationship management (CRM) software
Our office is conveniently located near Dupont Circle in Washington D.C. Employees enjoy a casual office atmosphere with a dress-for-your-day policy. We provide our employees with a comprehensive benefits package including employer-paid medical for individual employees, dental, vision, employer-paid life and long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous match, and ample paid time off. Additionally, employees can participate in flexible spending accounts, voluntary life and short-term disability, and transit/parking benefits.
Come be a part of our team and help us to advance the nonprofit sector! To apply for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume via the job board. Independent Sector is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The salary range for this position is $110,000 to $125,000 annually.