- 1602 L St NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Independent Sector (IS), founded in 1980, is the only national membership organization that brings together a diverse set of nonprofits, foundations, and corporations to advance the common good. Through our public policy advocacy, programs, and events, we are always listening to the concerns of the sector, curating best practices, and providing expertise to better position our members and partners for success.
Independent Sector is hiring several entry-level associates to join our organization. Associates support community engagement, public policy, and communications initiatives, as well as provide operational support to various cross-functional teams throughout the organization. This role provides the opportunity to interact with, contribute to, and learn from various teams and bodies of work across the organization, as well as external partners across the country. Associates will work closely with their managers to build capacities and skills in support of organizational goals.
Responsibilities may include:
- Provide program and project management for key activities across community engagement and public policy initiatives.
- Participate in advocacy on Capitol Hill to educate Members of Congress about the nonprofit sector.
- Assist with the design and development of new resources and events.
- Assist with in-person and digital event logistics and planning.
- Enter and analyze data using our CRM database.
- Support financial records management and reconciliations.
- Assist with the development and execution of regular Independent Sector communications.
- Provide customer service.
- Provide technology support for internal and external events.
- Assist with human resources and talent management.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2–4 years of full-time work experience.
- Superb written communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Experience with event logistics.
- Experience with and comfort adapting to new technology, which may include event management systems, data capture and analysis systems, media platforms, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, and website content management.
- Analytical and interested in data.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and solve problems, yet ask for help when needed.
- Be a self-starter and critical thinker, who is looking to acquire new skills and motivated to learn and contribute.
- Adaptable and flexible in an evolving organization.
- Interest in learning about and supporting the work of the nonprofit and philanthropic community.
Full consideration will be given to resumes received by April 16, 2019. Initial interviews are tentatively scheduled to begin April 18, 2019.
Independent Sector is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The salary for this position is $52,000/annually. Positions are expected to start summer 2019 and end in December 2020.