NOC Engineer - Networking CompTIA , CENT
- Basingstoke, United Kingdom
NOC Engineer, Support Engineer, 1st Line, IP Networking, IPv4 IPv6, IP Addressing, Firewalls, CENT, CCNA, CompTIA Network, Service Desk Analyst, Techncial Support.
If you have recently qualified and have good customer skills face to face and over the phone then this is perfect entry role and company for you!
About the Position
This role is based within a Technical Support team we are looking for a person with excellent IT Support skills. The role requires this person to provide exceptional customer support on all products sold.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in a 24x7 shift pattern, including bank holidays and weekends
- Being first point of contact for support, via telephone, email and portal
- Logging support calls for our customers within the helpdesk system ensuring information collected is accurate and prioritised appropriately
- Working against contract service level agreements (SLAs)
- Pro-active monitoring of internal and customer systems
- Keeping support requests up to date
- Ensuring all relevant parties are kept informed of progress on support tickets
- Assist with request for change (RFC's)
- Providing technical input to support requests to progress or resolve
- Working to achieve quarterly bonus objectives
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of some or all of the following attributes: -
- Basic understanding of fundamentals of IP Networks
- Basic understanding of fundamentals of VoIP
- Understanding of fundamental network security (Firewalls, Antivirus).
- Knowledge of web-based administration and command line interfaces.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems
Any of the following attributes would be advantageous but are not essential:
- Experience of SSL technologies and certificates.
- Knowledge of NAT, Port forwarding would be a great advantage.
- Experience of configuring IP based products, firewalls and routers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems with Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP or other directory systems.
Service Desk Engineer, Support Engineer, 1st Line, IP Networking, IPv4 IPv6, IP Addressing, Firewalls, CENT, CCNA, CompTIA Network.
- Self-Driven to improve their technical knowledge.
- Business Customer skills, phone or face to face
- Proactively find solutions to complex problems.
- Available to attend specific vendor training days away from home if necessary.
- Keep up to date with any vendor specific certifications or required external certifications.
For more information and to apply for this role please apply with a Word CV , current salary and notice period.