Lead Unreal 4 programmer - Virtual Reality
- Irvine, CA
We create next-generation Virtual Reality Content that represents a new form of entertainment. We bridge the gap between video games and movies, providing a level of immersion, emotional engagement and realism never before seen.
- Be the in-house expert on the Unreal Engine 4 including blueprints.
- Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements.
- Implement code /blueprints that is modular self-contained and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system.
- Work closely together with the CCO.
- Ensure coding standards are followed and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team.
- Maintain technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines.
- Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
- Keep abreast of new advances in virtual reality hardware, rendering technology and algorithms.
- Sharing knowledge and techniques across the studio
- Mentoring programmers
- 5+ years of experience in game development
- Expert knowledge of working with UDK, Unreal Engine 3, Unreal Engine 4.
- Excellent Unreal Engine blueprint skills.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills with good knowledge of object oriented development.
- Expert knowledge of mathematics ability and a familiarity with common 3d graphics principles and rendering algorithms.
- Expert knowledge Good working knowledge of current GPU architecture and rendering APIs experience with DirectX 11 /12
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce.
- Solid commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published AAA game in a 3d environment
- Knowledge of common algorithms data structures and patterns and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
- Able to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
- Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity.
- Good eye for details
- English language
- A strong team player and leader by example
- Shipped AAA PC or console titles as a Senior 3D Programmer
- Work experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Understanding the difference between developing for VR compared to traditional game development.
- A passion for developing and playing virtual reality experiences