REMOTE Project Manager: Implementation
- Irvine, CA, USA
Illuminate Education is a market-leading Software as a Service (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning.
Do you geek out over spreadsheets, efficient processes and keeping complex projects on track? It is very likely that you also like making lists and checking off boxes. Hopefully, like us, you are also passionate about education and the impact technology can have on student outcomes. If you are still reading and nodding along, this might be the spot for you!
Our Implementation Project Managers work hard to successfully onboard new clients in setting up and configuring our solutions. This is accomplished by developing project plans, leading training, managing client relations, providing excellent service and support via phone and email, and working collaboratively with other team members across the company.
- Relationship management of key district stakeholders throughout the duration of the implementation process.
- Serve as the first point of contact for Illuminate customers and manage implementation at district level from post-sale to Customer Success hand-off.
- Document requirements, mediate risks and ensure accurate system setup and completion of implementation tasks.
- Coordinate data integration process, troubleshooting and validation.
- Act as a product specialist, with an expert-level understanding of the functional and technical features of our continually evolving and improving software platforms.
- Facilitate internal and external client meetings.
- Create, distribute and manage project schedules and timelines.
- Formulate resolution plan for all escalated issues that arise during implementation.
- Successfully train system admins on core setup, configurations, and management of Illuminate products.
- Log information related to the implementation in a Project Management System (i.e., communication, time tracking, completed training assets, etc.)
- Complete professional development for products, features, internal processes and general educational imperatives.
- Establish and monitor Key Performance Indicators related to your role and professional development goals.
- Coordinate with internal departments on special projects that accompany new implementations (e.g. district-created content loading, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Ability to travel 25%.
- Prior experience in a project management role or other customer-facing experience within the software industry.
- Knowledge about current educational climate, research and specific requirements.
- Ability to manage client through a complex lifecycle that includes planning, system setup, data migration and system admin training.
- Experience with Illuminate products preferred, not required.
- Understanding of how schools operate on a day-to-day basis.
- Prior experience with project management.
- Prior experience with customer support.
- Understanding of adult learning theory.
- Other technical skills that make you a standout – whiz with data, ability to use HTML, video editing, etc.
- Outstanding problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong presentation skills and ease in front of groups of people at all levels/functions.
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities, and work in a fast-paced, high growth, ever changing environment.
- Ability to identify key client obstacles and develop action plans around them.
- Assertively yet diplomatically move projects forward with creative problem-solving and finding a way when there doesn’t seem to be one.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from all levels of a school district including district senior level leadership, site level leaders, teachers, and office staff.
- Ability to defuse tension among district level project team implementing the software, should it arise.
- Strong technical skills in using various web-browsers, MS Word and Excel.
- Amazing people skills.
- Must be a quick, self-directed learner.
- Must be positive, committed, team-oriented, and have a great sense of humor.
- Proven ability to thrive in a team-based, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously, as well as take direction as needed.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.