Human Resource Assistant, IKEA Cheras (6 Months Contract)
- 2A, Jalan Cochrane, Maluri, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
ABOUT THE JOB
To provide HR subject matter expertise, process HR operational matters and ensure that the HR strategies are locally put into practice in the most effective and efficient way.
- Promote and safeguard the IKEA culture by being a role model who expresses the IKEA values in all HR operational matters and people agenda.
- Support HR Team in the day to day HR operations which include uniform management (Ordering, inventory control, laundry etc), issuance and maintenance of co-worker lockers, issuance of co-worker’s staff id, access cards, medical cards, birthday cards and seasonal gifts and support exit clearance process.
- Administer office supplies and equipment, stationeries, pantry supplies (if applicable)
- Maintain, update and circulate mails, active directory and phone directory (if applicable)
- Ensure the upkeep of all co-worker’s areas e.g.: lockers, pantry, resting room, meeting rooms.
- Support HR Team on IKEA environmental commitment as a natural and integrated part of our daily business.
- Any ad-hoc HR duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of local employment law, regulations and practices
- Ability to strike a balance between keeping a good overview and paying good attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English and Bahas Malaysia.
Please apply by 30 September 2022