HEAD OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
- Vilnius, Lithuania
- Pareigybių grupės pastovios atlyginimo dalies intervalas: is 2435 to 5095 EUR (before taxes). The final offer depends on experience and competence. Variable part of remuneration may be paid depending on results.
Ignitis group is one of the largest energy sector players in Baltic states. Last year we have announced the ambitious strategy with a material transformation: to increase green generation capacities, expand our operations in international markets, and introduce innovations in the energy sector.
One of the crucial success factors is our ability to accelerate the development of digital products while maintaining the highest standards of security and stability of operations.
To help us reach these ambitious goals, we are now looking for the Head of Software Engineering. This role accountable for delivering the vision for the company and identifying the best methodologies, tools and organisational model for software development. We operate and innovate on a large scale. If this adheres to your personal scale – we invite you to read on.
As our Head of Engineering, you will get the opportunity to grow and lead a great engineering team (from the current 10 to 20+) and help build a best-in-class software delivery team. As this is a key role position at Ignitis Group, you will have the chance to have a great impact right from the start.
You will report directly to the Head of IT Development, be responsible for technical decision-making, and act as a bridge between our Arhitecture and development team. You will plan the growth and structure of the team, as well as our technical direction.
A day in the life of the Head of Engineering might include:
- Discussing feature requests with members of the business teams, helping them understand scope and timelines
- Meeting a business to capture their feedback about product functionality
- Brainstorming with the engineers to help in the building of a new feature
- Planning priorities for the upcoming business releases with the Head of Projects, Business Analyst Lead and Architecture Lead.
- Deciding which language we should use for a new microservice
- Helping out a developer by digging into the code if necessary
- Have 5+ years of experience in IT solutions design and development.
- Understand of Application, Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability of a system;
- Know background in systems software development utilizing multiple modern technologies and techniques, such as Drupal, PHP, JAVA, Oracle PL/SQL and design patterns;
- Have experience with Agile & DevOps methodologies;
- Be able to successfully accomplish all responsibilities in a fast-paced, growing and demanding environment.
- Will be a part of IT community at Ignitis Group;
- Will enable the organization with better functionality which will create added value;
- Will be a part of professional environment and have colleagues support to find the best solutions;
- Will join the opportunity to learn and improve;
- Also will enjoy Ignitis group’s additional benefits and rewards: additional health insurance, remote work, additional vacation days, training and development, events for Group employees.