- Vilnius, Lithuania
„Ignitis“ is a subsidary of the largest Lithuanian power supplier – „Ignitis“ that is a part of the Lithuania‘s largest energy group „Ignitis group“. The company has the biggest number of clients (currently, more than 6 thousand) in the free power market in Lithuania. „Ignitis“ trades in power an financial derivatives within the Baltic and Scandinavian markets providing balancing, portfolio management and operation optimization services for power plants.
We are currently expanding our Commercial Organization Data and Analysis team and are seeking a Data Analyst to join our ranks and take responsibility for the collection of different types of business (end user) requirements (operational reporting and ad-hoc analysis) and translating these into solution designs, while prioritising development to maximise insight through analytics solutions.
Solutions will include production, testing and delivery of new operational reports and dashboards in Power BI. In addition the Data Analyst will be expected to support end user requests or different business functions with ad-hoc analysis and insights.
While the primary responsibility of this position is to help elevate the maturity level of reporting and data analytics throughout the organization, key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Your main tasks will be:
- Promoting awareness and understanding of the value of advanced data analytics and leading business partners to better data-driven decision making;
- Working closely with data analytics product owners and business analysts to create a powerful user story including all necessary data analytics product requirements;
- Delivering Data Analytics products:
- Data wrangling - ingesting data from a variety of data sources and performing required transformations;
- Data cleansing - filter and “clean” data by reviewing reports and performance indicators locating and correcting data and/ or code problems;
- Data modeling and report creation – creation of efficient data models and designing attractive reports in line with best practices;
- Data analysis – identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using contemporary analysis methods;
- Maintaining open communication with stakeholders to improve data analytics skills in business and ensure best practices, tools, resources are available.
- Have 1-2 years of relevant work or research experience:
- Proficiency of conventional and advanced data analytics tools (MS BI Stack is standard in our organization);
- Ability to design conceptual and logical data models from both structured and unstructured data;
- Ability to present complex information in an easy to understand manner;
- Confident communication with stakeholders of all levels including the ability to advise, train and support clients where necessary;
- BS / MS in a field related to Data Science (Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics), or a closely related quantitative field;
- Have analytical mind, attention to detail and inclination for problem-solving, passionate about analytics;
- Have Excellent knowledge of Lithuanian and English (written and oral).
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of statistical theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and analyses as needed to perform at the job level;
- Experience in applying Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools, algorithms, techniques and methodologies;
- Familiarity with big data processing such as Hadoop/Spark/Hive is a plus;
- The ability to develop Python or R code is welcome additional skillset.
- Be a part of Advanced Data analytics team at "Ignitis" group;
- Have the opportunity to work in challenging projects dealing with large data sets and new technologies (Big Data, AI, ML, etc.);
- Enable the organization to make better data driven decisions which will create added value;
- Be a part of professional environment and have colleagues support to find the best solutions;
- Join the opportunity to learn and improve;
- Also enjoy „Ignitis“ group’s additional benefits and rewards: additional health insurance, remote work, additional vacation days, training and development, events for Group employees.