Jr. Automation Technician
- 6210 N River Rd, Idaho Falls, ID 83402, USA
Idahoan Foods is a successful and growing food manufacturing company that has been in business for over half a century. Headquartered in Idaho Falls, Idahoan is a global provider of a wide range of premium dehydrated potato products for retail, foodservice, and industrial markets as well as private label. As one of the largest dehydrated potato manufacturers, Idahoan provides innovative and award winning product solutions such as our Steakhouse line of products. Our customers can find our IDAHOAN brand of products in all major retail and club outlets through out the US. For more information check out our website at www.idahoan.com.
We are currently hiring for a Jr. Automation Technician. This is an hourly position and compensation will depend on experience.
The primary responsibility of the Jr. Automation Technician position is to perform corrective and preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, for plant electrical systems, maintain and update automation equipment, and instrumentation systems.
· Assure the proper and safe operation of process instrumentation and automation control systems.
· Install and maintain electrical wiring, control systems, and all lighting
· Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and testing and inspection of circuit breakers
· Place conduit and pull insulated electrical wires
· Identify and prevent electrical failures
· Calibration and repair of temperature gauges, flow meters, pressure switches, DP, weight, level instrumentation and the associated testing equipment.
· Under the supervision of the Electrical Supervisor, conduct Programable Logic Controllers programming, installation, and trouble-shooting, preferably Allen Bradley controllers, Micrologix, SLC, Compactlogix, and Controllogix.
· Working knowledge of Human Machine Interface assist in programming, troubleshooting, and installation
· Diagnose, repair, install, and modify electronic and or electro-mechanical equipment including analog, digital, and discrete components.
Set up and installation of AC/DC variable frequency drives
· Assist in wiring and modification of control panels and associated equipment
· Ability to read schematics and P&ID’s
Education and/or Experience:
· This position requires an AAS focusing on Automation and or State of Idaho electrician journeymans license
· Experience and Knowledge in various Rockwell Software applications including, RS Logix 5,500,5000, RS Linx, Factory Talk View Platform, Panel builder, and Inview.
· Understanding of AC/DC electrical Theory, Ohms Law, and basic electrical formals and equations.
· Knowledge in trouble-shooting electrical distribution systems, AC/DC motors, transformers, and relay control systems.
· Experience with sensors, encoders, and servo controllers.
· Some knowledge of the NEC other electrical practices and standards.
· Read and interpret electrical schematics, blueprints, and line drawings.
· Basic computer fluency in word, excel, outlook and file management.
· Knowledge and experience applying and interpreting results from test equipment including, digital volt-ohm-meters, oscilloscopes, ammeter, analog sourcing meter, megohmmeter, and digital frequency meters.
· Able to use basic hand tools including soldering and desoldering irons, and power tools.
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, telephone skills, and use appropriate grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
· This position requires quantitative skills and knowledge of math functions such as percentages and decimals.
· This position requires a high degree of self-confidence and maturity to make decisions required in day-to-day activities. Must be able to solve problems with minimal direction, be detailed oriented and have strong organizational skills. A team player who is flexible, and accepts changing assignments and accountabilities. Should display excellent interpersonal skills.
· Essential computer skills using Windows applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and E-mail.
· This position requires the ability to perform various physical activities such as heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.) standing on concrete floors for extended periods of time, moving parts and loud noise. Utilizes confined space permits. Must be able to work with sanitizers and cleaning chemicals, as well as with water soluble and oil-based lubricants. Works on ladders, scaffolds, and forklift cages and in pits using proper safety precautions. Wears personal protective equipment as needed for assigned tasks. Must be able to work various shifts as assigned by Supervisor.
Idahoan Foods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.