Production Operator-Day Shift
- 6210 N River Rd, Idaho Falls, ID 83402, USA
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you looking for a new and exciting career with a growing company? We may just have the opportunity for you!
Idahoan Foods is located in the heart of the Intermountain Region of the Pacific Northwest. Our company is fast-paced, but our community has maintained the slower pace of life with plenty of outdoor recreation; we are just a couple hours from Yellowstone National Park, Grand Targhee Resort and Sun Valley.
Idahoan Foods is hiring a Production Operator at $16.60 an hour plus shift differential at our Idaho Falls facility.
The primary responsibility of a Production Operator is to insure that the production process and its equipment are working properly, efficiently and effectively. This position will also be responsible to oversee that the products being produced are of the high quality potato products that are in accordance to the required customer specifications. This position requires the abilities to operate varies pieces of processing equipment including Drums, Dryers and Sorters.
- Maintains a consistent flow of potato raw material to the drums or dryers by adjusting and monitoring feed augers.
- Maintains a consistent cook of the product by monitoring the steam pressure, cook time, and dryer temperature settings.
- Maintains a full and even drum of mashed potatoes by shoveling product as needed, as well as production in grade according to designated required customer specifications.
- Insure proper operation of sorter by normalizing and checking pick outs.
- Insure metal detector and other equipment are in good working order.
- Ensures that the proper cut is made by monitoring the Cutting equipment.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment, and work with cleaning chemicals and sanitizers.
- Move product from location to location using forklift
- Package product into specific container..
- Will track inventory of finished product stored or bagged and ensure bags and totes have correct weight and barcode.
- Checks for product defects and ensures product quality standards are being met. Will make warranted adjustments as needed.
- Measure and record temperatures and flow of all food additives as required.
- Complete and turn in all paperwork in a timely manner daily.
- Required to stamp and mark all bags or totes for storage or shipment.
- Responsible for keeping the work area cleaned at all times and ensuring a full stock of supplies is available at all times.
- Completes any special project as assigned and have the ability to train others.
- Follows all good manufacturing practices as set up by the company policy.
- Must comply with all safety regulations, attend safety meetings and follow all plant and safety rules.
- All other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous experience working around processing equipment required. Trained and proficient at production floor duties, sanitation duties, and machine operation duties. Forklift Certification required.
- Must have effective oral communication skills to communicate with supervisor and co-workers. In addition, must have the ability to read and write and accurately complete paperwork.
- This position requires self-confidence and maturity to make decisions to solve problems with minimal direction. Must be a team player, react to change productively, be flexible, and accept change.
- Position requires performing heavy lifting, up to 75 lbs. Must be physically active and able to work around hot temperatures, noise, and dust. Should be able to stand on concrete floors for extended periods, and climb stairs. Must follow all safety precautions while working independently and professionally. Must be able to utilize cleaning chemicals and sanitizers safely. Understand and operate all warehouse equipment including forklift. Function with little to no supervision.
Idahoan Foods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.