- 6210 N River Rd, Idaho Falls, ID 83402, USA
Are you someone who enjoys mechanics, problem solving, and leading people? We may just have the opportunity for you!
Idahoan Foods is located in the heart of the Intermountain Region of the Pacific Northwest. Our company is fast-paced, but our community has maintained the slower pace of life with plenty of outdoor recreation; we are just a couple hours from Yellowstone National Park, Grand Targhee Resort and Sun Valley.
Idahoan Foods is hiring a Maintenance Supervisor in our Idaho Falls Facility. This is a salary level position and compensation with be determined by experience and education.
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Supervisor is to directly oversee the Maintenance and Electrical Department to ensure the plant equipment and structures are in good operating condition.
1. Inspections: Assist the Maintenance Manager with inspections of all plant buildings, walls, floors, roofs, doors, etc. Repairs or get bids to repair when needed
2. Equipment Records: Sets up and uses equipment records for predictive and preventive maintenance.
3. Operations: Assists with the set up and use of productivity controls in the shop for day-to-day control of worker performance and level of maintenance. Plans for and executes major over hauls for long lasting results. Performs fabrication, welding, painting and general building repairs.
4. Safety: Works with the Maintenance Manager on the Safety and Security Program of the Maintenance Department. Plans routine repairs effectively, handles emergencies effectively. Sets up and controls a cleaning, inspecting, and lubricating program. Develops and maintains good housekeeping, waste management, and safety programs. Completes safety recommendations; attends all HACCP and Safety Meetings.
5. Policies and Procedures: Responsible for all Maintenance policies and procedures, recommends implements and enforces Company policies and procedures. Conducts employee evaluations. Manages tool control program with location control and ensures good tool condition. Installs a continuous evaluation and improvement program. Completes GMP Audit items on time.
6. Training: Trains maintenance people for higher productivity by upgrading job skills.
7. Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager and upper Management. Attends weekly staff meetings. Assists in all audits.
Alignment with Core Values of the Company
• Respect & Value Our People
• Stay in Front of Change While Reducing Costs
• Delight our Customers
• Food Quality & Safety
Professional Qualifications/Required Skills of the Position
Education and/or Experience: A Bachelor Degree in Business, Science or Engineering from an accredited college/university and five years experience in a packaging/production plant, or ten years experience in a packaging/production plant required.
Language Skills: Ability to read, comprehend, and compose simple to complex instructions, polices, procedures and correspondence. Exhibits effective speaking and written communication skills in dealing with small and large groups. Conducts professional and compelling presentations and responds to questions. Effectively facilitates meetings.
Computer Skills: Proficient is using Microsoft applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Reasoning Ability: Demonstrates the self-confidence and maturity to make decisions and solve problems with minimal direction. Organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously. Possesses strong analytical, quantitative, communication, problem solving, and technical skills. Has the ability to creatively apply experience, and common sense for processes and employees.
Interpersonal Skills: Team player, flexible and accepts changing assignments and accountabilities.
Work Environment: The position is located in a food processing facility. Thirty-five percent of time will be on the packaging/production floor and sixty-five percent of time will be in an office setting.
Idahoan Foods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.