Senior Project Engineer
- 357 Constitution Way, Idaho Falls, ID 83402, USA
Idahoan Foods, headquartered in Idaho Falls, Idaho is a global provider of a wide range of premium dehydrated potato products for retail, foodservice, and industrial markets as well as private label. As one of the largest dehydrated potato manufacturers, Idahoan provides innovative and award winning product solutions such as our Steakhouse line of products. Idahoan Foods provides a wide variety of brands which include: IDAHOAN, HONEST EARTH and Paradise Valley. Our customers can find our IDAHOAN brand of products in all major retail and club outlets through out the US. For more information check out our website at www.idahoan.com.
Idahoan Foods is hiring a Senior Project Engineer. This position is located at our Technology campus in Lewisville, Idaho. This is a salary level position, compensation will be based on education and experience.
Introduce new technology and equipment into a food manufacturing plant through developing and implementing projects and capital projects to meet changing demands in the consumer products market place. Support day to day activities in the corporate engineering department while working longer term projects.
- Provides expert technical support on packaging and production equipment to engineering and operations.
- Provide technical input to optimize the manufacturing quality and efficiency of all Idahoan Foods production and packaging operations.
- Introducing latest, most efficient, most effective technology wherever economically feasible.
- Solving production technical problems on an immediate turnaround basis.
- Streamlining the existing manufacturing lines and processes to improve quality and reduce cost wherever possible.
- Define and develop opportunities to reduce costs and to maximize productivity.
- Work closely with process engineering to create link between operational requirements and material supplier capabilities.
- Apply new technology with approved capital through submission of capital requests and subsequent management of project budget.
- Work cross-departmentally to achieve results in a team environment.
Required Skills And Experience
- B.S. in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- 8+ years relevant work experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food process lines and food packaging lines.
- Excellent communications skills – must be able to communicate effectively within the organization, both laterally and vertically.
- Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships on all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple high priority projects in a high-speed environment. (Multi-tasking & Time management).
- Ability to work as an independent contributor or as a leader of sub-groups or teams to effectively solve machinery problems.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Analytical, problem solving, and information gathering skills.
- Working knowledge of “SOLIDWORKS” or equivalent CAD software, MS Project, and MS Office.
Idahoan Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.