- 357 Constitution Way, Idaho Falls, ID 83402, USA
Idahoan Foods, headquartered in Idaho Falls, Idaho is a global provider of a wide range of premium dehydrated potato products for retail, foodservice, and industrial markets as well as private label. As one of the largest dehydrated potato manufacturers, Idahoan provides innovative and award winning product solutions such as our Steakhouse line of products. Our customers can find our IDAHOAN brand of products in all major retail and club outlets through out the US. For more information check out our website at www.idahoan.com.
We are looking for a Buyer I.
The primary responsibility of the Buyer is to insure material required for manufacturing are in place when needed, using the MRP system and working very close with planning and scheduling to assure adequate supplies for planned production.
1. Place purchase orders for all inventory replenishment items within assigned commodity. Work with planning and scheduling to assist with MRP requirements planning and where necessary assist in defining min-max quantities based on historical data.
2. Using the planning and forecast data assist in negotiations for the items in the defined commodity.
3. Timely processing of requisitions, purchase orders, and auditing of invoices in accordance with department procedures.
4. Monitor supplier performance against delivery and specification targets. Work with manager to help in resolution of supplier claims and disputes.
5. Maintain close relationship with inventory control personnel at all locations to keep up on production issues or operation issues that relate to MRP plan.
6. Expedite material orders through the department and outside suppliers to insure uninterrupted supply to manufacturing.
7. Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
This position will be a member of the Corporate Procurement Team responsible for meeting cost savings goals and overall requirements for supply assurance. The key performance indicators will be year over year cost reduction, major supply disruptions, supplier performance, and supplier on-time delivery.
Education and/or Experience:
- This position requires either a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and/or three (3) years experience in procurement and/or project administration or an associate degree and two to three years’ experience in procurement and/or project administration.
- Knowledge and experience with quality systems, material planning, and inventory management are also expected.
- Essential skills include PC experience using Windows applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Must be proficient with Word, Excel spreadsheet layout, formulas, charts, and graphs; PowerPoint presentations including graphs, charts, and the ability to independently format professional documents. Knowledge of Object-based report writing software tools a plus.
Idahoan Foods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.