Assistant Packaging Supervisor
- 529 N 3500 E, Lewisville, ID 83431, USA
Are you someone who enjoys mechanics, problem solving, and leading people? We may just have the opportunity for you!
Idahoan Foods is located in the heart of the Intermountain Region of the Pacific Northwest. Our company is fast-paced, but our community has maintained the slower pace of life with plenty of outdoor recreation; we are just a couple hours from Yellowstone National Park, Grand Targhee Resort and Sun Valley.
Idahoan Foods is hiring Assistant Packaging Supervisors for all shifts. This is a salary level position and compensation with be determined by experience and education.
The Assistant Packaging Supervisor reports directly to the Packaging Supervisor and is responsible for supporting team members to ensure the smooth operation of the Packaging Department. The successful candidate will assert themselves as a crucial asset in the progression of all packaging areas. Incumbent will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of operating the Packaging Department.
1. Packaging: Provides supervision and direction toward packaging personnel and assembly activities including training, preparation, performance reviews, planning for adequate crewing of the packaging lines and tracking attendance.
2. Supplies: Ensures the Department is fully stocked with supplies – roll stock, boxes, etc. Communicates with palletizer to get the right amount of supplies. Checks to ensure the right box item #, product, roll stock, and codes are being used. Communicates with box companies to ensure enough boxes are available for daily production.
3. Training: Trains and tracks the progress of employees. Training may include operation of equipment, safety and housekeeping procedures, as well as ensuring that operations follow Standard Operating Procedures, the FDA, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
4. Administration: Maintains confidential employee documents, records production papers, types paperwork and memos. Updates all Quality Assurance materials, records production, maintains employee schedules.
5. Paperwork: Assists with the daily packaging report. Makes labels for all departments within the Company. Researches old records for problems concerning staff or products. Maintains and organizes all current paperwork and time sheets. Picks up Machine Operator work sheets, dump sheets of product used, metal check sheets and down time pages. Prepares all paperwork on incidents – accidents.
6. Safety: Responsible for incident reports dealing with employees or machines. Informs Packaging Manager of any problems or concerns. Responsible for keeping the lines cleaned and free of cross contamination. Assists with the planning of safety meetings as needed. Maintains first aid certification. Responsible for roll call in an evacuation situation.
Alignment with Core Values of the Company
· Respect & Value Our People
· Stay in Front of Change While Reducing Costs
· Delight our Customers
· Food Quality & Safety
Professional Qualifications/Required Skills of the Position:
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree or equivalent experience in Production or Operations Management, Engineering, Industrial Technology or a related field is preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. 1 - 2 years manufacturing experience, preferably at the management level, is desired.
Language Skills: Ability to read, comprehend, and compose simple to complex instructions, polices, procedures and correspondence. Exhibits effective speaking and written communication skills in dealing with small and large groups. Conducts professional and compelling presentations and responds to questions. Effectively facilitates meetings.
Computer Skills: Proficient is using Microsoft applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as operational/ERP systems.
Reasoning Ability: Demonstrates the self-confidence and maturity to make decisions and solve problems with minimal direction. Organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously. Possesses strong analytical, quantitative, communication, problem solving, and technical skills. Has the ability to creatively apply experience, and common sense for processes and employees.
Interpersonal Skills: Team player, flexible and accepts changing assignments and accountabilities.
Work Environment: The position is located in a food processing facility. At least a third of time will be on the packaging floor and the remainder of the time will be in an office setting. Must be able to work rotating shifts including weekends when needed.
Idahoan Foods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.