- 6210 N River Rd, Idaho Falls, ID 83402, USA
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you looking for a new and exciting career with a growing company? We may just have the opportunity for you!
Idahoan Foods is located in the heart of the Intermountain Region of the Pacific Northwest. Our company is fast-paced, but our community has maintained the slower pace of life with plenty of outdoor recreation; we are just a couple hours from Yellowstone National Park, Grand Targhee Resort and Sun Valley.
Idahoan Foods is hiring a Flumer at $11.90 an hour plus shift differential at our Idaho Falls facility.
The primary responsibility of the Flumer is to provide an uninterrupted flow of potatoes to the production area.
1. Flumes potatoes into the plant based on first in-first out.
2. Communicates with the production supervisor to make changes to the potato flow as needed.
3. Checks to ensure product quality standards are being met. Will notify Supervisor immediately if any
problem issues arise.
4. Responsible for cross training new employees in the fluming area.
5. Must comply with all safety regulations, attend safety meetings and follow all plant and safety rules.
6. Follows all company good manufacturing practices as set up by the company policy.
7. Fulfills other Production duties that the Shift Supervisor assigns.
8. All other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working around processing equipment preferred. Company training will be provided in all areas relating to this position.
- Must have effective oral communication skills to communicate with supervisor and co-workers. In addition, must have the ability to read and write and accurately complete required paperwork.
- This position requires self-confidence and maturity to make decisions to solve problems with minimal direction. Must be a team player, react to change productively, be flexible, and accept change.
Position requires performing heavy lifting, up to 50 lbs. Must be physically active and able to work around hot temperatures. Should be able to stand on concrete floors for extended periods, follow safety precautions, and utilize cleaning chemicals and sanitizers safely. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment, and work with cleaning chemicals and sanitizers.
Idahoan Foods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.