Packaging Supervisor - Graveyard
- 529 N 3500 E, Lewisville, ID 83431, USA
Are you someone who enjoys mechanics, problem solving, and leading people? We may just have the opportunity for you!
Idahoan Foods is located in the heart of the Intermountain Region of the Pacific Northwest. Our company is fast-paced, but our community has maintained the slower pace of life with plenty of outdoor recreation; we are just a couple hours from Yellowstone National Park, Grand Targhee Resort and Sun Valley.
Idahoan Foods is hiring a Packaging Supervisor. The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Packaging: Ensures that all lines have adequate number of packaging employees. Responsible for machine set-up and programming, including the installation and repairs of new packaging machines. Ensures the proper functionality of tapers, check weighers, metal detectors, printers, scales, and all packaging machines. Oversees the special product testing with R&D. Become an expert at operating all machines. Become the Lawson expert for packaging. Ensure budgeted labor and line rates are met. Be the leader for and implement process improvements.
- Supplies: Verifies all supply such as boxes, cartons, roll stock, bulk product, and sauce are available for packaging on a weekly bases. On a daily basis, works with the warehouse cycle counters determining accuracy of boxes, cartons, roll stock and sauce utilized in the packaging process. Checks the lines to make sure they are using the correct supplies, check codes, seals and quality of product. Familiar with all products SKU’s, codes, supplies and weights.
- Communication: Develops reports and ensures the proper use of reports for all daily operations and keeps the Packaging Manager, Quality Assurance, Palletizer, and Shift Supervisors informed of all changes.
- Personnel: Exhibits good supervisory skills. Documents and reprimands poor performance.
- Safety: Acts as the lockout / tag out safety trainer. Involved in safety inspections as required. Helps the clean up process of all improperly sealed or coded products. Documents all safety issues as they arise. Promotes and supports the 5S process.
- Other Duties: Holds Machine Operator meetings, works directly with Packaging Manager, Quality Assurance, Shift Supervisors, Shop Maintenance, Sanitation and Forklift. Supports and implements all other item as assigned. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Ability to read, comprehend, and compose simple to complex instructions, polices, procedures and correspondence. Exhibits effective speaking and written communication skills.
Proficient is using Microsoft applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Possesses strong analytical, quantitative, communication, problem solving, and technical skills. Has the ability to creatively apply experience, and common sense for processes and employees. Demonstrates the self-confidence and maturity to make decisions and solve problems with minimal direction. Organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
The position is located in a food processing facility. Sixty percent of time will be on the production floor and forty percent of time will be in an office setting. Responsible for keeping work area clean, and for general clean ups during and after shutdowns.
Team player, flexible and accepts changing assignments and accountabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.