- 6210 N River Rd, Idaho Falls, ID 83402, USA
Idahoan Foods is located in the heart of the Intermountain Region of the Pacific Northwest. Our company is fast-paced, but our community has maintained the slower pace of life with plenty of outdoor recreation; we are just a couple hours from Yellowstone National Park, Grand Targhee Resort and Sun Valley.
The primary responsibility of the Plant Accountant is to ensure proper treatment of all financials associated with plant operations. This includes monitoring/making transactions associated with purchasing, production, inventory, and distribution.
- Collects, organizes and studies data regarding costs of business activity such as raw material, packaging, ingredients, direct labor, and indirect manufacturing costs.
- Obtains and reports on data to provide information about changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production results.
- Makes estimates of new and proposed product or service costs. Recommends cost efficiencies.
- Validates the accuracy of reported inventory levels and production quantities, creating reconciliations where needed.
Education and/or Experience:
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college and relevant work experience.
The ability to read, comprehend, and compose simple to complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Must possess the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing. The ability to conduct professional presentations and respond to questions from managers and senior executives.
Possess strong analytical, quantitative, communication, problem solving, and technical skills. Has the ability to creatively apply experience and common sense to a variety of situations. Has the ability to manage several projects concurrently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with ERP systems is also required.
The work environment is a traditional office with approximately 10 – 15% travel involved. Person must be capable of carrying up to 50 lbs while traveling.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.