Quality Assurance Supervisor
- 6210 N River Rd, Idaho Falls, ID 83402, USA
Are you someone who has experience in Quality Assurance, Sanitation, and food manufacturing? We may just have the opportunity for you!
Idahoan Foods is located in the heart of the Intermountain Region of the Pacific Northwest. Our company is fast-paced, but our community has maintained the slower pace of life with plenty of outdoor recreation; we are just a couple hours from Yellowstone National Park, Grand Targhee Resort and Sun Valley.
Idahoan Foods is hiring an Quality Assurance Supervisor in our Idaho Falls Facility. Compensation will be based on education and experience.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to support plant operations with the administration and leadership of Food Safety, Quality, Laboratory and Sanitation programs that result in compliance with plant and customer requirements as related to materials, production and packaging of finished goods. This role supports all activities involving base product and finished package quality analysis, in activities involving data validation, tracking and trend analysis, and routine testing done in the lab.
1. Develops and implements food safety, quality, laboratory and sanitation programs to ensure compliance with plant, governmental, and customer expectations.
2. Provides training, coaching, development, performance management, scheduling and general tactical direction and support to the Quality Assurance team (analytical lab techs, micro techs, vendor auditors, sanitation techs, etc.)
3. Leads the department in a manner that results in a productive, compliance driven, engaged and safe working environment.
4. Drives systems usage for tracking, trending, and validation of product and finished packaging analysis.
5. Designs and delivers food safety, quality, sanitation and regulatory standard operating procedures, training material and resources.
6. Develops and executes pre-defined food safety, quality and sanitary protocols and training within the manufacturing facility.
7. Ensures all product attributes are being analyzed at the prescribed frequencies according to the correct procedure with results entered into the appropriate database demonstrating that specification requirements are met.
8. Analyze, review and provides adequate corrective actions in support of investigations, resolutions and communication of internal and external customer complaints and foreign material issues. Ensures that the root cause is identified and deficiencies resolved to prevent reoccurrence.
9. Frequently audits technicians’ performance to ensure accuracy, completeness and consistency in adherence to written laboratory procedures use to analyze materials and product samples.
10. Assists with the assessment of food safety, quality and sanitary assurance systems, equipment and parameters.
11. Coordinates inventory control and purchasing of laboratory supplies and equipment. Assist with routine to complex maintenance and calibration on laboratory testing equipment.
12. Ensures the laboratory and the facility is equipped with all of the necessary supplies and functioning, calibrated equipment necessary to complete required testing.
13. Ensures compliance with customer requirements, FDA regulations and GMPs, HACCP, as well as all plant product safety and sanitation policies, procedures and guidelines.
14. Improve and maintain document forms and data base for analytical results, HOLD forms, equipment calibration records etc.
15. Responsible for the sample product, and record retention programs for the department.
16. Establishes monthly correlations between rapid and AOAC methods on lab equipment and between lab techs.
17. Administer round robin testing and trend results.
18. In the absence of the QA Manager, will need to work with Corporate QA and plant department managers in making quality decisions.
19. Maintain a high functioning knowledge of the company ERP system and will conduct product traces.
20. Maintains identification and control of out of grade products in the company ERP system.
21. Keeps the Plant Manager, QA Manager and Production Supervisor current on all department issues or concerns.
22. Under the direction of the QA Manager, assists in responding to customer complaints and providing corrective actions and preventative measures at the plant level.
23. Coordinate product recall and withdrawal at the Plant level.
24. Make customer-required Certificates of Analysis when needed.
25. Acts as the backup SQF practitioner for the plant and backup HACCP coordinator.
26. Responsible for additional duties as assigned which may include, wastewater testing, routine physical, chemical, organoleptic and bacteria testing.
Alignment with Core Values of the Company
• Respect & Value Our People
• Stay in Front of Change While Reducing Costs
• Delight our Customers
• Food Quality & Safety
Qualifications/Required Skills of the Position:
Education and/or Experience:
• This position requires a bachelor’s degree. Previous experience in food quality assurance is preferred. Knowledge in Food Safety Standards and management systems such as: SQF, and HACCP
• The ability to prepare, format, proofread and edit documents which are concise and professional.
• Must have effective oral and written communication skills, excellent telephone skills, and thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• This position requires quantitative skills and knowledge of math functions such as percentages, decimals, and the ability to chart numerical data appropriately.
• This position requires a high degree of self-confidence and maturity to make decisions that are required in day-to-day activities. Must be able to solve problems with minimal direction, be detailed oriented and have strong organizational skills. Must be a team player, who is able to react to change productively, be flexible, and accept changing assignments and accountabilities. Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Essential computer skills using Windows applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and E-mail.
• This position requires the ability to perform various physical activities such as heavy lifting (up to 30 lbs.) standing on concrete floors for extended periods of time, moving parts and loud noise. Must be able to work with sanitizers and cleaning chemicals. Must be able to work various shifts as assigned by Supervisor.
Idahoan Foods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.