Machine Operator- Day Shift (Direct Fill)
- 529 N 3500 E, Lewisville, ID 83431, USA
If you are looking for a new and exciting career with a growing company, \we may just have the opportunity for you!
Idahoan Foods is located in the heart of the Intermountain Region of the Pacific Northwest. Our company is fast-paced, but our community has maintained the slower pace of life with plenty of outdoor recreation; we are just a couple hours from Yellowstone National Park, Grand Targhee Resort and Sun Valley.
Idahoan Foods is hiring a Machine Operator at $16.60 an hour plus shift differential at our Lewisville facility.
The primary responsibility of the Machine Operator is to run the packaging lines in a safe and efficient manner, keeping quality and food safety a top priority. Must have computer knowledge to maintain correct inventories within the Lawson system. Must know the finished goods, bulk and supply item numbers. Be able to supervise a crew.
- Must be able to operate machines properly, keep machines running & producing efficiently.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and organized.
- Monitor check weigher, metal detectors with correct documentation.
- Must learn and understand the Lawson system.
- Responsible to maintain good records including down time.
- Responsible for correct coding of product.
- Must understand the mechanics of the packaging equipment.
- Operate coders, tapers, auto case packers, boxers, carton lines, horizontal and vertical lines efficiently.
- Must be able to multitask effectively.
- Must be able to run a crew. Supervise packers & labors on lines.
- Keep area clean, follow GMP's and comply with all safety regulations.
- Must be able to communicate with Supervisors, co-workers and other departments.
- Proficient at routine preventative maintenance as well as changeovers.
- Must be able to use good judgment in the event of the absence of Packaging supervisor or Packaging Manager. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Previous experience working as a laborer and or packer. Must be forklift certified. Strong computer and troubleshooting skills with technical background, either education or experience.
Must have effective oral communication skills to communicate with supervisor and co-workers. In addition, must have the ability to read and write and accurately complete paperwork.
This position requires self-confidence and maturity to make decisions to solve problems with minimal direction. Must be a team player, flexible, and able to respond to change productively.
Must be physically active and able to work around hot temperatures. Be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Should be able to stand on concrete floors for extended periods, follow safety precautions, and utilize cleaning chemicals and sanitizers safely. Perform all day to day operations in the production area. Needs good eye/hand coordination and must have 20/20 corrected vision. Work various shifts as well as overtime.
Idahoan Foods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.
Idahoan Foods is hiring a Machine Operator at $16.60 an hour plus shift differential at our Lewisville facility. Our company is fast-paced and looking for candidates who are ready to work hard and grow their career as part of our team.