Production Operator- Graveyard Shift
- 529 N 3500 E, Lewisville, ID 83431, USA
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you looking for a new and exciting career with a growing company? We may just have the opportunity for you!
Idahoan Foods is hiring a Production Operator at $15.90 an hour plus shift differential. The main responsibilities of this position include:
The primary responsibility of the Drum/Dryer Operator position is to run the dehydration drum or dryer process efficiently and effectively with an end result of producing high quality potato products in accordance with required customer specifications.
- Maintains a consistent flow of potato raw material to the drums or dryers by adjusting and monitoring feed augers.
- Maintains a consistent cook of the product by monitoring the steam pressure, cook time, and dryer temperature settings.
- Maintains a full and even drum of mashed potatoes by shoveling product as needed, as well as production in grade according to designated required customer specifications.
- Ensures a consistent flow of additives by proper mixing and measuring according to product specifications.
- Ensure that dryer exhaust pipes, safety bars, aprons and scrapers are cleaned at least once per hour.
- Insure proper operation of sorter by normalizing and checking pick outs.
- Insure metal detector and other equipment are in good working order.
- Ensures that the proper cut is made by monitoring the Cutting equipment.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment, and work with cleaning chemicals and sanitizers.
- Work closely with QC to insure product quality.
- Enter issue and move product in computer system and be able to generate barcodes.
- Move product from location to location using forklift
- Package product into specific container..
- Will track inventory of finished product stored or bagged and ensure bags and totes have correct weight and barcode.
- Checks for product defects and ensures product quality standards are being met. Will make warranted adjustments as needed. Notify Supervisor immediately if product is out of grade.
- Measure and record temperatures and flow of all food additives as required.
- Responsible for keeping the work area cleaned at all times and ensuring a full stock of supplies is available at all times.
- Completes any special project as assigned and have the ability to train others.
- Follows all good manufacturing practices as set up by the company policy.
- Must comply with all safety regulations, attend safety meetings and follow all plant and safety rules
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous experience working around processing equipment required. Trained and proficient at fluming potatoes, production floor duties, sanitation duties, and drum operation duties.
- Must have effective oral communication skills to communicate with supervisor and co-workers. In addition, must have the ability to read and write and accurately complete paperwork.
- This position requires self-confidence and maturity to make decisions to solve problems with minimal direction. Must be a team player, react to change productively, be flexible, and accept change.
- Position requires performing heavy lifting, up to 50 lbs. Must be physically active and able to work around hot temperatures. Should be able to stand on concrete floors for extended periods, follow safety precautions, and utilize cleaning chemicals and sanitizers safely. Must be able to use a computer to process changes.
Idahoan Foods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.