Production Lead - Graveyard Shift
- Idaho Falls, ID
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you looking for a new and exciting career with a growing company? We may just have the opportunity for you!
Idahoan Foods is hiring a Production Lead at $20.50/hour plus shift differential. The main responsibilities of this position include:
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the production area in the absence of the Production Supervisor. Will be responsible for monitoring and controlling product flow and process flow to ensure that quality and quantity standards are met
1. Oversee production area in the absence of Production Supervisor.
2. Observes and adjusts product flow and process flow including raw products, cooking and cooling temperatures, mash flow, and starch and waste processes to ensure that product is in grade and production standards are met.
3. Strong understanding of production equipment processes, understanding of plant GMP’s and Safety guidelines.
4. Coordinates and manages staff and other resources to meet production deadlines and standards.
5. Assists with employee schedules to maintain adequate staffing levels to complete production goals.
6. Relieves operators and other employees when needed.
7. Train and monitor all shift employees to ensure that proper production, GMP’s and Safety guidelines are followed.
8. Completes special projects as assigned with the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with efficiency and accuracy
9. Must have the ability to make decisions and react quickly to problems
10. Ability to lead and give direction to employees in the plant
11. Complete all reports and turn in all paperwork in a timely manner daily.
12. Attends all safety meetings and follows proper safety procedures, completes all required paperwork in a timely manner.
13. Must comply with all safety regulations, attend safety meetings and follow all plant and safety rules.
14. Follows all good manufacturing practices as set up by the company policy.
15. All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Required Skills of the Position:
Education and/or Experience:
This position requires two years of trade school and/or five years experience in production and maintenance. Experience supporting the executive level is preferred.
Ability to read, comprehend, and compose simple to complex instructions, polices, procedures and correspondence. Must possess the ability to effectively communicate verbally, in front of small to large groups, and in writing. The ability to conduct professional and compelling presentation and respond to questions. Incumbent must effectively facilitate meeting.
Possess strong analytical, quantitative, communication, problem solving, and technical skills. Have the ability to creatively apply experience, and common sense for processes and employees.
Essential computer skills using Windows applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and E-mail. Barcode inventory system.
The position is located in a food processing facility. The majority of the time will be on the plant floor adjusting, repairing, and regulating the equipment. Must have an acceptable driving record to drive company vehicles.
Idahoan Foods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.