General Laborers - Day Shift
- Lewisville, ID
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you looking for a new and exciting career with a growing company? We may just have the opportunity for you!
Idahoan Foods is located in the heart of the Intermountain Region of the Pacific Northwest. Our company is fast-paced, but our community has maintained the slower pace of life with plenty of outdoor recreation; we are just a couple hours from Yellowstone National Park, Grand Targhee Resort and Sun Valley.
Idahoan Foods is hiring General Laborers at 14.50/hr. The main responsibilities of this position include:
The primary responsibility of this Packaging position is to closely follow the direction from the Machine Operator. This person is trained and able to function at a high level of performance in any of the three positions. Work closely with other packers placing cartons and bags into master cases and prepare cases to be taped, coded and sent to palletizing area. Communicate clearly with other Dumpers and line Machine operator so no errors occur and the correct product is dumped to the packaging line. Maintain a good working communication with the other Stackers and Packaging Lead ensuring proper pallet patterns as well as code of each pallet.
1. Must follow the direction from the Machine Operators and Packaging Leads.
2. Must be able to keep up with the speed of the machines, correlating at least two to four
pouches to be placed in cartons or cases. Conditions require using both hands to insert
product pouches into cartons.
3. Ensure the proper code is being printed on the package, carton, pallet, or case.
4. Place cartons and bags into master cases and prepare cases to be taped, coded and sent to
5. Understand proper pallet patterns and coding of pallets.
6. Prepare totes for dumping to the holding hoppers and remove bar codes for delivery to
Machine Operator so ERP system can be maintained.
7. Visually inspect product pouches, cartons, codes and cases to ensure quality.
8. Inspect the product hoppers and product in totes making sure the product is of high quality
before dumping to the packaging line. Notify Machine Operator and/or Packaging Lead of
any abnormalities with the system or products.
9. Work closely with Machine Operators, and other Dumpers/Packers/Stackers.
10. Must be familiar with package coding procedures, have the ability to learn and understand
Quality Assurance guide lines.
11. All other duties as assigned by management.
Alignment with Core Values of the Company:
- Respect & Value Our People
- Stay in Front of Change While Reducing Costs
- Delight our Customers
- Food Quality & Safety
Qualifications/Required Skills for the Position:
Previous experience working around processing equipment preferred.
Demonstrates ability to perform heavy lifting 30 to 75 lbs. Able to stand on concrete floors for extended periods and follows safety precautions. Excellent eye/hand coordination. Position requires repetitive motion – hand, arm and shoulder movement. Able to work different shifts.
Possesses self-confidence and maturity to make decisions and to solve problems with minimal direction.
Team player works closely with other employee’s, also independently without constant supervision.
Follows all safety precautions while working independently and professionally. Keeps work area clean.
Idahoan Foods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.