Quality Assurance Lab Technician-Rotating Shifts
- Idaho Falls, ID
Do you enjoy problem solving, being creative, and enjoy working with a variety of people? Do you enjoy seeing projects completed from start to finish? If that sounds like you our Quality Assurance Labratory Technician position may be the right career for you.
Idahoan Foods is located in the heart of the Intermountain Region of the Pacific Northwest and is willing to relocate you to this area. Our company is fast-paced, but our community has maintained the slower pace of life with plenty of outdoor recreation; we are just a couple hours from Yellowstone National Park, Grand Targhee Resort and Sun Valley.
Idahoan Foods is hiring a Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician at $14.90/hr plus shift differential. The main responsibilities of this position include:
The primary responsibility of the Lab Technician is to assist and support the Quality Assurance Department in activities involving product and finished package quality analysis, data validation, and tracking and trend analysis. The Lab Tech has the authority to place product, which does not meet specification, on HOLD.
Principle Accountabilities: (depending on the Lab Tech assignment to one of the following)
- A=Analytical Lab
- P=Packaging Lab
- M=Microbiology Lab
- Responsible for product analysis according to approved procedures (microbiological, analytical, organoleptic, and physical parameters) per the product specification.(A, M, P)
- Prepares and validates microbiological media, including pH and sterility checks, and the use of non-pathogenic positive and negative microbiological controls as necessary. (M)
- Required to make solutions, fill chemical bottles as needed and update and maintain standard curves for the chemicals made. (A)
- Participates in environmental equipment/ building structure swabbing and inspections.(M)
- Responsible for packaged attribute quality analysis according to approved procedures, to include but not limited to, net weight, package and case quality, lot coding, metal detection/Xray monitoring or verification, etc.(A, P)
- Performs daily calibration checks. Documents any necessary equipment adjustments or repairs.(A, M, P)
- Responsible for sample and record retention programs for the department. (A, M, P)
- Monitors supplies, notifies supervisor if any supplies are needed.(A, M, P)
- Responsible for new lab employee training.(A, M, P)
- Must comply with all safety regulations, attend safety meetings and follow all plant and safety rules. (A, M, P)
- Follows all good manufacturing practices as set up by the company policy. (A, M, P)
- Must maintain complete and accurate records. (A, M, P)
- Keeps management advised on issues of concern. (A, M, P)
- Responsible for additional duties as assigned. (A, M, P)
Qualifications/Required Skills of the Position:
Education and/or Experience:
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Previous lab experience preferred.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with supervisor and co-workers
- This position requires quantitative skills and knowledge of math functions such as percentages and decimals.
- This position requires a high degree of self-confidence and maturity to make decisions required in day-to-day activities. Must be able to solve problems with minimal direction, be detailed oriented and have strong organizational skills. A team player who is flexible, and accepts changing assignments and accountabilities. Should display excellent interpersonal skills.
- Essential computer skills using Windows applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and E-mail.
- This position requires the ability to perform various physical activities such as heavy lifting (up to 30 lbs.) standing on concrete floors for extended periods of time, moving parts and loud noise. Must be able to work with sanitizers and cleaning chemicals. Must be able to work various shifts as assigned by Supervisor.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.