Plant Utitlites Technician
- Idaho Falls, ID
Are you looking for a new and exciting career with a growing company? We may just have the opportunity for you!
Idahoan Foods is hiring a Plant Utilities Technician for 12 hour rotating shifts for $22.50/hr.
The primary responsibility of the Plant Utilities Technician position is to work as a mechanic with duties pertaining to the operation, installation, training, troubleshooting and repairing of plant utilities equipment, with little or no supervision. This position is considered a Millwright and the qualified candidate should be capable of doing any job in the maintenance field with great skill.
1. Follow and promote all safety programs and requirements (hot work policy, confined space, fall protection, proper rigging requirements, lockout/tag out, and all safety programs utilized by Idahoan Foods).
2. Follow and promote all good manufacturing practices (GMPs) as defined by the Idahoan Foods company policy.
3. Demonstrates ability to manage scheduled work list while supporting plant needs and utilizing time effectively. When assigned, will work with outside contractors and auditors to ensure and inspect work quality meets company and insurance expectations.
4. Acts as a training mentor in areas of expertise and will train less experienced maintenance personnel.
5. Completes routine paperwork as required.
6. Proficient in welding fundamentals (stick, MIG, TIG) and cutting torches (oxy-acetylene and plasma).
7. Diagnoses equipment failures and make necessary repairs while minimizing production down time.
8. Start/stop all equipment and understand safety control measures for each.
9. Understand where to find equipment documentation if needed (SOPs, dwgs, etc.) and how to contact external tech support as needed for pm scheduling and downtime scenarios.
10. Adjust proper tensioning and alignments on belt drive systems
11. Check and fill gear boxes with proper oil weight, and differentiate between over and under filled and how to identify both cases.
12. Ability to troubleshoot, disassemble, and repair pumps, gear boxes, and motors as required.
13. Thorough understanding of proper pipe machining, basic pipe fitting, and plumbing techniques.
14. Troubleshoot steam systems (traps, valves, pumps, isolation), burners and natural gas systems, and equipment operation and sequencing.
15. Safely use hand and power tools in shop (drill press, band saw, grinder, mill, lathe, sanders, etc.).
16. Properly replace bearings, align electric motor couplings, align and adjust sprockets and chains.
17. Identify proper applications for bearings, belts, sprockets, etc.
18. Determine drive shaft speed when changing sprocket sizes.
19. Demonstrate the ability to work from drawings, sketches, and verbal instructions for hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical systems,
20. Directs work teams and instructs other mechanics and personnel as needed.
21. Understand basic applications of electrical and controls safety requirements within the maintenance department.
22. Willing to answer and respond to on call plant needs and to coordinate resources as needed to address emergency down time scenarios.
23. All other duties as assigned by management.
Idahoan Foods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.