- Idaho Falls, ID
Are you looking for a new and exciting career with a growing company? We may just have the opportunity for you!
Idahoan Foods is located in the heart of the Intermountain Region of the Pacific Northwest. Our company is fast-paced, but our community has maintained the slower pace of life with plenty of outdoor recreation; we are just a couple hours from Yellowstone National Park, Grand Targhee Resort and Sun Valley.
Idahoan Foods is hiring a Project Engineer located at our Lewisville, Idaho Technology campus. Pay will be based on experience.
The position’s primary responsibilities will be a Project Engineer. The Project Engineer will find, develop and manage projects from start to finish that are focused on energy savings, labor savings, and process improvements. They implement capital projects, provide technical assistance to operations, perform process engineering in support of process and packaging improvements, new products and line extensions.
1. Perform engineering design and analysis for new and retrofit installations, and ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting. Manages projects in all of the facilities at Idahoan Foods, LLC. that improves, labor efficiencies, packaging material efficiencies, packaging equipment efficiencies, finished product usages efficiencies and other types of projects.
2. Design and installs new equipment and retrofit installations and ongoing maintenance activities.
3. Assists the Director of Engineering with the capital budget.
4. Writes the Capital Expenditure Authorization Requests (CEAR); including the planning, design and engineering, budgeting, justification, approval and implementation of projects.
5. Manages the timely and economic completion of capital projects; which may include the supervision of outside engineering firms, supply vendors and contractors.
6. Evaluates alternative solutions to design issues and equipment issues as determined by tests and experience.
7. Investigates emerging technologies, identifies new opportunities with emphasis on cost reductions.
8. Provides engineering support for inter-departmental groups including, management, maintenance, production, packaging and distribution in addition to outside vendors and contractors to ensure effective and efficient project management.
9. Interacts with plant operations to improve and optimize staffing and scheduling.
10. Prepare and administer contract and other Idahoan directed documentation. Guide, schedule, and coordinate project activities. Track project progress compared to schedule, functionality, and monetary limitations. Perform commissioning and validation of equipment and project close out.
11. Provide direction and prepare documentation for the maintenance, improvements, and expansions of facilities and manufacturing/packaging equipment, and other Idahoan initiatives. Keep abreast of and considering requirements due to production or packaging requirements, need for operational and efficiency improvements, technological advancements, GMP requirements, and other Company directed performance and reporting requirements.
12. Coordinates capital projects with management and various departments including finance, operations, supply chain, etc.
13. Designs, and oversees construction of facilities including structures and infrastructures.
14. Complete other tasks as assigned by Director of Engineering.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) engineering or a related field from a four year accredited college or university. Three years or more related experience with an environmental management and project engineering in the food and beverage industry. Master’s degree is highly desirable, but not required.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have solid working knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, Inventor and Outlook.
Idahoan Foods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.