Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Lewisville, ID
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you looking for a new and exciting career with a growing company? We may just have the opportunity for you!
Idahoan Foods is located in the heart of the Intermountain Region of the Pacific Northwest. Our company is fast-paced, but our community has maintained the slower pace of life with plenty of outdoor recreation; we are just a couple hours from Yellowstone National Park, Grand Targhee Resort and Sun Valley.
Idahoan Foods is hiring a Quality Assurance Supervisor in our Lewisville, Idaho facility. Competitive Salary will be based on education and experience.
The QA Supervisor assists in the managing the QA Department to ensure that employee schedules, paperwork and all other miscellaneous responsibilities are being met. The QA Supervisor is expected to manage the department in the absence of the QA Manager. The incumbent understands the activities involving data validation, tracking and trend analysis, and routine testing done in the lab. Provides leadership and gives direction to QA Lab Technicians. Has authority to place product, which does not meet specification, on hold.
· Assist in improving and maintaining food safety, and quality programs.
· Monitor, evaluate, and improve lab technician performance.
· Assist in non-conforming product investigations (hold and release product and assist in corrective actions).
· Maintain the department’s staffing schedules, time off, and hours worked, etc.
· Assist in hiring, development, review, and discipline of department employees.
· Maintenance of the laboratory and it’s equipment
· Responsible for employee safety in the department, and will assist in the development and execution of the lab safety training program for employees.
· Maintains complete and accurate records, monitors supplies, responsible for new employee training.
· Keeps the Plant Manager, QA Manager and Production Manager/Supervisor(s) current on all department issues or concerns.
· Must comply with all safety regulations, attend safety meetings and follow all plant and safety rules
· Create customer-required Certificates of Analysis when needed.
Qualifications/Required Skills of the Position:
- Education and/or Experience:
- This position requires an associate’s degree and/or three to five years’ experience in Quality Assurance. A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Knowledge, experience, and / or certification in HACCP, GFSI/SQF, FSMA, internal auditing is highly desired.
- This position requires a high degree of self-confidence and maturity to make decisions that are required in day-to-day activities. Must be able to solve problems with minimal direction, be detailed oriented and have strong organizational skills. Must be a team player, who is able to react to change productively, be flexible, and accept changing assignments and accountabilities. Must have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- The ability to prepare, format, proofread and edit documents which are concise and professional.
- Essential computer skills using Windows applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and E-mail.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills, excellent telephone skills, and thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Demonstrates the self-confidence and maturity to make decisions and solve problems with minimal direction. Organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously. Possesses strong analytical, quantitative, communication, problem solving, and technical skills. Has the ability to creatively apply experience, and common sense for processes and employees.
- Team player, flexible and accepts changing assignments and accountabilities.
- This position requires the ability to perform various physical activities such as heavy lifting (up to 30 lbs.) standing on concrete floors for extended periods of time, moving parts and loud noise. Must be able to work with sanitizers and cleaning chemicals. Must be able to work various shifts as assigned by Manager.
Idahoan Foods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.