Forklift Operator-Day Shift
- Idaho Falls, ID
Idahoan Foods is a successful and growing food manufacturing company that has been in business for over half a century.
Our company is growing and if you are innovative and success driven we may just have the opportunity for you!
We are currently hiring for a Forklift Driver on our midnight shift at $14.90/hour plus shift differential.
The primary responsibility of the Forklift Operator is to efficiently and effectively move product and material to and from the processing/packaging lines and trucks for transfer between plants. Take great care moving material inbound or outbound on trucks by the use of the Company Mobility system, additionally report any issue with the functionality of the Forklift.
- Responsible for keeping the warehouse organized to utilize first in first out (FIFO).
- Excellent driving skills - operate push pull attachment effectively.
- Must be able to multi-task, effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain license for operating the forklift which includes the use of Mobility (company barcode system.
- Document the inspection of all trailers before loading.
- Ensure product is loaded in good condition, counts are correct and trailer is not overloaded.
- Maintain correct inventory (help cycle count warehouse). Is required to have a working knowledge of item #’s and weights.
- Maintain warehouse, keep area clean, orderly, and maintain correct locations and Id of all items in the warehouse.
- Must comply with all safety regulations, attend safety meetings and follow all plant and safety rules.
- Follows all good manufacturing practices as set by the company policy.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Required Skills of the Position:
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous experience working in warehouse and/or around processing equipment is preferred. Will be required to be Forklift Certified.
- Must have effective oral communication skills to communicate with supervisor and co-workers. In addition, must have the ability to read and write and accurately complete paperwork.
- This position requires self-confidence and maturity to make decisions to solve problems with minimal direction. Must be a team player, react to change productively, be flexible, and accept change. Good decision making skills with the ability to think ahead
- Position requires performing heavy lifting, up to 75 lbs. Must be physically active and able to work around hot temperatures. Able to work under pressure with time limitations. Should be able to stand on concrete floors for extended periods, follow safety precautions, and utilize cleaning chemicals and sanitizers safely. Perform all day to day operations in the packaging area. Needs good eye/hand coordination and must have 20/20 corrected vision. Work various shifts as well as overtime.Teamwork is a must.
Idahoan Foods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.