O365/Cloud Systems Engineer
- Hauppauge, NY, USA
ITsavvy is a single source end-to-end IT provider committed to innovative distribution and tailored IT solutions. ITsavvy built its reputation as a value-added reseller offering best-in-industry support and delivery speed. Its growing technology portfolio includes Engineered Solutions, Managed Services, Cloud Solutions and Unified Communications. ITsavvy is headquartered in metro Chicago, with 46 distribution and support centers across the U.S.
It’s an exciting time to be a O365/Cloud Systems Engineer for ITsavvy. Our most successful SE’s empathize with clients while championing the ITsavvy Promise and delivering incredible solutions. They take a solution-based approach to solving client requirements and develop mutually beneficial relationships. Many share the same career path: years of working in the same systems every day and looking for a fresh perspective and an opportunity to use the latest and greatest technologies. That’s what we provide.
We hire technical experts, provide the tools to be successful and get out of their way. We then pair that with some of the greatest client executives in our industry so that their talents can be used to improve client situations on a daily basis.
Come work with us to create innovative solutions the drive ITsavvy’s reach and growth. We're looking for game changers. With over 1 million products and hundreds of vendors to choose from, just imagine what you could do here.
- Perform migrations to O365 from start to finish
- Ensure deployment, and service objectives are met while maintaining a high level of prospect/customer satisfaction
- Assist in client meetings while partnering with Solution Architect and Client Executives
- Research and develop Scope of Work for proposals
- Validate and/or build configurations
- Report on completed configurations
- Perform post sale implementations
- Document and present technical information to the sales team and to the client.
- Attend all in-house training and industry conferences as assigned to stay up-to-date of all emerging trends
- Advanced experience with migration and implementation knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2007-2016, and Office 365 Systems (Exchange Only)
- Advanced experience with implementing, monitoring and maintaining O365
- High level knowledge of Backup, Restore, Recovery and high availability strategies for Microsoft O365
- Experience with Windows Server, configuration, upgrade, migration and patching
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving O365 environment performance, connectivity, and security issues
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot O365 issues
- Great communication skills, in-person, on the phone, and written
- Superior organizational skills
- Hands on experience of working with Active Directory, LDAP utilizing MSFT best practices
- Understanding of basic security concepts as it applies to on prem and cloud solutions
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Kerberos and Windows Authentication
- Certifications a plus, Microsoft, Cisco, Aruba/HPE, VMware
- VCP or VTSP experience or certifications a plus
- Server experience a plus
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced Solutions Group Team
- Client Executives
- ITsavvy Clients
- ITsavvy Project Management personnel
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.