Solution Architect (Storage, Virtualization, Servers, Backup)
- 313 S Rohlwing Rd, Addison, IL 60101, USA
ITsavvy is a single source end-to-end IT provider committed to innovative distribution and tailored IT solutions. We've built our reputation as a value-added reseller offering best-in-industry support and delivery speed. Our growing technology portfolio includes Engineered Solutions, Managed Services, Cloud Solutions and Unified Communications. ITsavvy is headquartered in metro Chicago, with 46 distribution and support centers across the U.S.
Our most successful Solutions Architects empathize with clients while championing the ITsavvy Promise. They take a solution-based approach to solving client requirements and develop mutually profitable relationships.
At the end of the day, our clients need to know that with their significant investment, everything is going to work as promised. We solve technical and business problems to ensure success for both ITsavvy and our clients.
We provide both technical sales consulting and support with one goal: Peace of mind.
- Collaborate with our Client Executives to identify and qualify opportunities.
- Conduct discovery and assessment calls to ensure the solution is meeting the Client's technical and business requirements.
- Attending meetings, present to customers, and help to prepare design and scope of work documents.
- Analyze business requirements and consult with clients on IT planning cycles. Establish customer standards that enable business improvements by implementing forward-looking, scalable technology solutions.
- Analyze existing system procedures for efficiency and effectiveness
- Confer with management, define the bounds and aims of system implementations, create project plans, and provide management with status and progress reports.
- Create and document all actions, practices, procedures and processes.
- Work under limited direction with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience working with Backup, Storage, Virtualization and Servers
- Proficient understanding of Failover and Disaster Recovery
- Carry industry leading storage certifications from manufacturers such as VMware or Hyper V. (Cloud back up is a plus!)
- Must be familiar with designing enterprise wide backup/storage solutions, modification to existing backup/storage configurations, and evaluating new backup/storage technologies.
- Strong knowledge of backup - DellEMC, Veeam, Barracuda, and Unitrends and others
- Strong ability to visualize solution using Visio, MSoffice and vendor tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Window Server - AD, File and Print, certifications a plus
- General knowledge of server specs, to assist in choosing machines appropriate for client needs
- Ability to multitask in a fast moving environment
- Great communication skills, in-person and virtually
- Superior organizational skills
- Storage - Dell/EMC, HP, Netapp Certificaitons
- Knowledge of switches - Cisco and Aruba
- Knowledge of Cloud back up and hosted solutions
Check out all the benefits you get when working for ITsavvy!
See where we're trending:
ITsavvy is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. ITsavvy will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.