Technical Product & Sales Specialist - East Coast
- 1000 N Armstrong Dr, Fairmont, MN 56031, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Avery Weigh-Tronix is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of weighing equipment, measurement devices, and global solutions. With wholly owned businesses in six countries and partners across the world, we have global expertise that is second to none.
With companies in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, India, Malaysia, Ireland, and around the world; we draw on extensive international research, product development, manufacturing, sales and service resources that employ more than 1,000 people worldwide. These are supported by a network of dealers and distributors who sell and support our products around the globe.
We work closely with our customers on a local and international basis, applying the latest weighing and measurement technology to create innovative, market-focused solutions. This has leveled us amongst the world's most comprehensive weighing and measurement portfolios, supported by ancillary equipment and systems software. From truck scales, train scales, tension meters, forklift truck scales, cable line tension meters, and software solutions, to medical counting solutions, our ranges meet the needs of small independent companies and large multi-nation businesses.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide training/technical teaching face to face or virtual to support capabilities of distribution
sales and service organization
• Provide technical troubleshooting assistance (telephone and on-site as required) to the AWTX Platinum Distributors and act as the main escalation point of contact for advanced product support.
• Facilitate resolution of equipment and service performance complaints.
• Creatively develop proactive solutions/ideas for identified service issues.
• Log incoming communications including, but not limited to, e-mails and phone calls for analysis.
• Assist with implementation of product upgrade and retrofit programs.
• Provide required level of support for product rollouts, introductions, upgrades, and retrofits.
• Support AWTX training team with feedback to facilitate future versions of documentation and/or materials.
• Maintain and enhance the relationship with AWTX Platinum Distributors service organizations.
• Submit Product/Sales Trip Reports identifying customer opportunities, risks and concerns.
• Submit periodic regional sales outlook reports.
• Manage travel and entertainment budget as required to grow sales in assigned territory.
• Associates Degree and/or equivalent ITW experience
• 3 - 5+ years Technical Support, Engineering, and/or QA
• Mechanical, Electrical, and Software aptitude and troubleshooting skills
• Must be proactive and display a high level of initiative
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Understanding and experience with ITW Tool box
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Products to include Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Pivot, and
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, remain calm in stressful situations and adjust plans to meet changing needs
• Business plan and sales strategy development
• Delivering product and sales presentations to both individual and large audiences
• Conducting basic technical training seminars on electronic products
• Requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust and rapport with the field service team, business units and the sales teams
• BS/BA in Engineering, Electronic Systems, or Computer Science
• Advanced electrical / Mechanical / Software (Windows)
• Customer Service Experience / Help Desk / Supervisor
• Diagnostic logic development
• Experience with ITW business and products
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Travel 50% while keeping up-to-date with daily communications and requirements
• Distributor sites and conditions will vary based on industry and product
• Ability to bend, kneel, climb when at customer site
• May be exposed to noise, heat, cold, slippery, wet conditions
• May be required to sit/stand/walk
• May be required to lift 35-65 lbs.
• May be required to climb ladder
It is the policy of Avery Weigh-Tronix to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Avery Weigh-Tronix will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.