Sheet Metal Fabricator- Components - 3rd Shift
- 1635 W Spencer St, Appleton, WI 54914, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
Duties include; set-up and run: turrets, punching machines, presses, press brakes, laser, shears, spot welder, pemnutter or any other equipment within your department. Must be able to work and communicate effectively in a team environment, be a team player and willing to cross train in all areas of the department is required on a regular basis. Must be willing to work overtime (10-12 hrs.) when needed. Regular inspection of production is necessary to insure quality. Must also be willing to cross train within other areas of Mechanical Components.
- Ability to set up and run: turrets, punching machines, presses, press brakes, lasers, shears, and pemnutter.
- Individual must be able to read blueprints and use measuring tools.
- Applicant must be a team player, self-starter, safety conscious, have good communication skills, innovative, mechanically inclined, understand and be responsible for material ordering and scheduling of orders.
- Individual may have to stand for up to 12 hours and lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly.
- The applicant must be able to adapt to a fast-pace work environment with minimal training.
- Applicant must have a proven track record of customer service skills.
- Applicant must have at least 2 years of sheet metal experience
- Good communications skills
- Basic computer skills are required
- Must possess good eyesight and hand dexterity
- Must be willing to cross-train
- 1 year of mechanics and electronics experience
- Must be able to comprehend assembly drawings and bills of material
- Must be able to follow set-up directions, and understand product specifications
- Must be able to stand for up to 12 hours a day and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Overtime will be required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.