Process Engineer - RMP / PSM
- 56 Air Station Industrial Park, Rockland, MA 02370, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $12.6 billion in 2020. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
ITW is a great employer with a distinct culture that empowers our people to think and act like entrepreneurs within ITW’s strategic framework. This decentralized, entrepreneurial culture is one component of the powerful and highly differentiated ITW Business Model. Commitment to our core values, safety and our culture is a competitive advantage for the company, and we are committed to fully leveraging its strength.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc. offers expanded sealants solutions to various industries and its key markets including construction (roofing, surfacing, metal building, and fenestration), aerospace composites and wind energy. Our brands with a proven history of success include ERSystems®, Permathane®, Tacky Tape®, STA’-PUT®, Pacific Polymers®, Acryl-R®, Miracle®, and Elastek®.
The Process Engineer – RMP/PSM ensures compliance with PSM and Risk Management Plan (RMP) and all local, state, and federal regulations and supports site requirements for process improvement.
- Review’s system-altering processes prior to implementation.
- Organizes and provides PSM/RMP-mandated training to all applicable associates and contractors.
- Reviews and assists with Management of Change (MOC), Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs), and Process Hazards Analysis (PHA).
- Organizes and provides leadership concerning all 14 elements of PSM/RMP by reading and reviewing mechanical and electrical drawings, procedures, and ammonia-related programs and policies.
- Serves as primary respondent in the event of any PSM/RMP audit activity.
- Actively participates in team activities and programs and works to improve skills by staying abreast of current technologies.
- Schedules associates for PSM/RMP training and Confined Space, HAZMAT, and Hot Work training programs as needed.
- Expected travel up to 25%.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to implement Process Safety Programs & Risk Management Programs
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to assess complex chemical solutions and define compliant solutions for proper business needs.
- Ability to perform general facility activities including lifting up to 25 lbs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or similar technical degree
- Minimum of 5-10 years of Process Safety/Risk Management Plan experience, specifically relating to one or more core PSM/RMP deliverables such as PHA, LOPA, Risk Assessment, Mechanical Integrity, HAZOP or HAZID
- Experience in a chemical or process industry
- Professional certifications , CCPSC, PE, ASP, CSP, CHMM, etc.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.