Manufacturing / Production Associate II
- 12055 Cutten Rd, Houston, TX 77066, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc. offers expanded sealants solutions to various industries and its key markets including construction (roofing, surfacing, metal building, and fenestration), aerospace composites and wind energy. Our brands with a proven history of success include ERSystems®, Permathane®, Tacky Tape®, STA’-PUT®, Pacific Polymers®, Acryl-R®, Miracle®, and Elastek®.
Location: Houston, TX
This position is responsible for performing duties to manufacture product. This includes working from batch tickets, established procedures and regulations, operating several mixers, weighing and measuring equipment.
· Work under close supervision of the Production Lead.
· Follow the batch ticket instructions.
· Measure, stage, lift, and charge raw materials into the mixing vessels.
· Identify and report problems with material and/or equipment to supervisory personnel.
· Fill out appropriate paperwork to report production.
· Maintain housekeeping in the work area.
· Other related duties as directed by management.
REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
· Minimum high school diploma or equivalent and one year of factory-related experience
· Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
· Organizational Skills
· Shows Initiative
· Thoroughness with all duties
· Able to effectively perform time management
· Basic math skills
· Basic computer skills – Microsoft Outlook (email), Excel and Word
· Must be able to frequently lift 50 lbs while bending/stooping approx 25% of the time
Constant exposure (66%-100% of the time) to the following working conditions:
· A manufacturing area with limited heat or air conditioning. Conditions may be cold or extremely hot and humid.
· Exposure to the hazards of moving equipment, high voltage, and moving mechanical parts that require use of Personal Protective Safety Equipment (PPE’s) including steel toed shoes, arm sleeves and safety goggles. Exposure to fumes and/or airborne particles.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.